Options

Recent Photos Source

dwdyerdwdyer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 7, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Is there any trick to getting a photo (or series of photos) to not show up in the recent photos?

I like having the recent photos thing there, but it's based on upload date.

And if I make a tweak to a photo in Lightroom and republish it, it moves to the top, which is OK, but I'd like to be able to not include some photos there, without having to hide them directly and everywhere.

Comments

• Options
    MagnocellularityMagnocellularity Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2014
    dwdyer wrote: »
    Is there any trick to getting a photo (or series of photos) to not show up in the recent photos?

I like having the recent photos thing there, but it's based on upload date.

And if I make a tweak to a photo in Lightroom and republish it, it moves to the top, which is OK, but I'd like to be able to not include some photos there, without having to hide them directly and everywhere.

I have a similar question. I'm looking to get Multiple Photo gallery boxes show the keyword searches by the date taken (i.e. EXIF) rather than upload date. I uploaded a bunch of old stuff and now that shows up first. Looks very odd in the new setup. There really needs to be more options here for us power users.
  • Options
    MagnocellularityMagnocellularity Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2014
    I have a similar question. I'm looking to get Multiple Photo gallery boxes show the keyword searches by the date taken (i.e. EXIF) rather than upload date. I uploaded a bunch of old stuff and now that shows up first. Looks very odd in the new setup. There really needs to be more options here for us power users.

K, I figured out a workaround. Though not sure how this will work for you:

Create a separate gallery in a hidden folder. AFTER you create it, set it up as a Smart Gallery (for me this worked because of the keyword element). Then after your gallery is populated you can adjust the sort to "date taken (descending)." Then you can post that gallery as a multiple image embed anywhere you like.

So for you, you can probably just make a "recents" gallery using keywords, which I think is the best way to organize front page material anyways. Though I'm sure you can use an asterisk or some other boolean to populate your gallery with all photos if that's what you need (i.e. no discrimination).
  • Options
    dwdyerdwdyer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2014
    Ah, that is a good idea, thanks!