Options

Event Issue

AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
edited January 8, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Unless I am going crazy, something has changed in the configuration of an event...

Previously (in the 'new' SM), when creating an event, it would be placed in the events folder and a participant's favorites folder would be created in the events favorites folder, with the folder structure of: event favorites/event/participant

This morning, I tried to create a new event and what was created was: event favorites/2014-01/event/participant's favorites. Nothing else.

Is this right, or do we have a gremlin here? The event is now not created in the events folder?? Where did the "2014-01" come from?

Lastly, if this is a change, why was I not told about it?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    Hi,
    The Events folder on your site is a folder created by you that you can add galleries to. It's not connected to the SmugMug event feature.

To get the guest event link, you can go to the account settings where you created the event and selecting an event, the link will show at the bottom of the page. You can share that guest event link with anyone you'd like to give access to an event.

Event favorites have been using the year-month folder structure for a while. It's in place to prevent the event favorites folder from filling up if you create a lot of events as you can only have up to 300 items per folder.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2014
    Thanks Sebastian. I have not created an events folder - it might have been carried over from legacy SM?

Why the 2014-01 folder and how do I avoid that?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    Please see the last paragraph of my previous post. The year-month folder is created by design and we'll create a new one for each month when you create a new event if there's no folder for that month yet.

You did create a new event this month - which is why the 2014-01 folder was created. It's called Ravi.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2014
    Sorry - I missed the year/month comment. Thanks for clearing it up for me.