Options

Bring back bulk Thumbnail crop

CharlyCharly Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited January 8, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread, I looked around and couldn't find it....

So I finally get my new site up live and decide to crop thumbnails as too many of mine were cutting off what should've shown. First I go into Organize, then a Gallery, click on wrench, then Adjust Thumbnails. Hmmm.... no way to crop them there? Only select Square and Originally really? Very odd.... How the heck does one crop their thumbs that look bad or they want to really grab a viewers attention like what was in Legacy? How can something so important be gone?

It's not, but man is it time extensive in the new SM! What's up with that SM? Why did you remove our ability to bulk crop our thumbnails? In Legacy when I went to Crop Thumbnails, I'd crop the first image and the next would come up. Very fast and convenient!!

Now this....

1. Go to Gallery
2. Click on Wrench under selected image
3. Click on Edit
4. Click on Crop Thumbnail
5. Select Ratio
6. Adjust Crop
7. Click on Apply
8. Select another image
9. Repeat steps 2-7
10. Repeat in EVERY Gallery and on EVERY image you want to crop the thumb of! :scratch :cry

Please, oh please bring back where when you crop one it automatically goes to the next image in the Gallery. Imagine a photographer that has thousands of images to do the above steps for. Geeez... I thankfully only have about 500 or so images up, but still this process took me well over an hour and a half to do! In Legacy it would have taken perhaps 20 min.; probably less time.

Crop Thumbnails should not be an image specific tool, but an Organize tool. The Adjust Thumbnails in Organize is useless and not even sure why it's there... Just to pick Square or Original? :dunno
www.ImagerybyCharly.com | Serving the DFW area of Texas and beyond

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2014
    I'll pass your feedback on as a feature request.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2014
    mrneutron wrote: »
    In other words they have no idea this has been brought up in the past and they ignored it that time.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    CharlyCharly Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2014
    mrneutron wrote: »

That would be great, thanks! Streamlining our time on SM should be a priority.
    Allen wrote: »
    In other words they have no idea this has been brought up in the past and they ignored it that time.

My apologies Allen, I truly did look to see if this has been brought up before, but couldn't find it. Perhaps with my detailed list on how time consuming the procedure, they saw it differently? How time intensive it really was? Taking hours to do what should take minutes is way too much wasted time....
    www.ImagerybyCharly.com | Serving the DFW area of Texas and beyond
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    Charly - I think Allen was referencing mrneutron's promise to bring this as a new feature request. It's far from new and one that has infuriated many for a long time.

You are right on for bringing it up again! It's inexcusable to me that it is as broken as it is, and it's only gotten WORSE!