Options

Lightroom Plugin Problem

TheBradfordTheBradford Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited January 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
So I am trying to upload an album, all the settings are proper, most up to date plugin is installed. I went to create an album and hit publish and after doing so I just get a dialog box with a big red X in it saying
"Failed to create gallery on SmugMug - please try again or contact support"

Well I've tried now 10 times, run LR as admin etc, reloaded the plugin - done everything I can think of and it still won't publish.
Bradford

Comments

• Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    UPDATE:

I went into settings and hit "Sync Heirarchy" and now it's uploading - but I went to my site, clicked galleries and (for example) clicked "Models" and nothing loads. The galleries are there when I go into the control panel and see them but the pages won't load. It's the same for every gallery BUT the gallery I just uploaded.

WHAT DO I DO!
    Bradford

edited November 13, 2013
    Hi Bradford,

Failure to create a gallery with the plugin is almost always due to the publish service being out of sync with the site. Running sync hierarchy sorts most of the issues (as you have found).

Any time you make structural changes in the organiser then you always need to run sync hierarchy to update the publish service in Lightroom.

Your site navigation is broken because you have changed the customisation of the "all folders" page to show 7 selected folders. That applies to every folder ... so they all look the same. Change it to "current location" and it will work as expected.

You also need to restore the galleries content block so that galleries are shown within the folders.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1249025-new-problem---no-galleries-found-on-folder-pages

The forums are great for discussion, but if something is broken your best route for support is to raise a support ticket.

Barrie
    Smugmug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2013
    Hi Bradford,

Failure to create a gallery with the plugin is almost always due to the publish service being out of sync with the site. Running sync hierarchy sorts most of the issues (as you have found).

Any time you make structural changes in the organiser then you always need to run sync hierarchy to update the publish service in Lightroom.

Your site navigation is broken because you have changed the customisation of the "all folders" page to show 7 selected folders. That applies to every folder ... so they all look the same. Change it to "current location" and it will work as expected.

You also need to restore the galleries content block so that galleries are shown within the folders.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1249025-new-problem---no-galleries-found-on-folder-pages

The forums are great for discussion, but if something is broken your best route for support is to raise a support ticket.

Barrie
    Smugmug Support Hero

Ok cool next time I will do the ticket route. My issue with the "current location" option - it shows the clients gallery in the galleries section, and I have a separate clients section so I have them there and don't want them showing in two places.

So now what do I do I do about not having that gallery show in Galleries and only on the sep page I created?

As well the link you sent me does work but not in the way I had previously. When you click galleries on my page the folders show up - which is how I had it before, but now if you click for example "concerts" it goes to .com/concerts as it should but instead of showing the folders and galleries inside there, it shows the very same folders again.

The solution this link results in is just teh galleries showing but above everything I just described. My apologies if this sounds confusing but it is somewhat difficult to describe but overall it's not what I had navigation wise for my site before this issue occurred. My clients section however works just as it did before all this happened to note also.
    Bradford

edited November 14, 2013
    Hi Bradford,
    By default the browse page will show all your public folders and galleries to visitors. If you don't want that, make the browse page custom in the customize > customize site screen by selecting the "make this page custom" option from the customize drawer. Now, changes you make to it will no longer affect your "all folders" section of the site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    PJSheaPhotoPJSheaPhoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2014
    Thanks to all, I had the same problem as Bradford and running sync hierarchy solved the problem. You gave me the answer before I asked the question, that's service. Thanks again.

Paul