Options

Allow Gallery Level Display Settings to Be Channged

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited January 14, 2014 in SmugMug Feature Requests
While I've seen posts in various threads asking about this, I'm not sure there's an actual feature request thread.

While you can modify how folders appear, and galleries appear on a folder page, you cannot adjust the display settings at the gallery level. It would be very useful to be able to adjust the display settings as you can at the All Folders level.

For instance, I use both Landscape & Portrait Collage. I'd like to be able to adjust the spacing of images in my galleries. I also recently discovered that while Landscape Collage has it's Info Style set to Bottom Bar, which I want. I've set a few galleries to Portrait Collage. They have their Info Style set to Under.

Please allow users to modify at this level.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    While I've seen posts in various threads asking about this, I'm not sure there's an actual feature request thread.

While you can modify how folders appear, and galleries appear on a folder page, you cannot adjust the display settings at the gallery level. It would be very useful to be able to adjust the display settings as you can at the All Folders level.

For instance, I use both Landscape & Portrait Collage. I'd like to be able to adjust the spacing of images in my galleries. I also recently discovered that while Landscape Collage has it's Info Style set to Bottom Bar, which I want. I've set a few galleries to Portrait Collage. They have their Info Style set to Under.

Please allow users to modify at this level.
    On a new created "page" I added a multiple photos box drawn from a gallery I pick.
    Set it to College Portrait.
    Set Info Style to Bottom Bar, hide on hover.
    Set the spacing to 12px.
    Sounds like just what you want.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2013
    While I agree that you can create an individual page, I've a few I've done myself, it's not a solution. I'm talking about adjusting the display settings of all my galleries at the same time. Say I want all Landscape Collage galleries to be 24px spacing. Using your method I would have to create hundreds of individual pages just to do that. I really don't want to build a whole new page for each gallery. I think there needs to be another way of doing this.
  • Options
    keiths2112keiths2112 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 19, 2013
    I agree this would be nice. Right now I change my gallery settings via some creative css. It is strange that you can turn on/off the text on hover with galleries but not inside galleries for individual photos. It would also be nice to be able to change the size of the thumbnails without hacking up the css to override the default.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014
    In using both landscape & portrait mode in galleries the inconsistent use of the Info Style is a problem. In Landscape Collage the Info Style is automatically "Bottom Bar." In Portrait it's automatically "Under." Now that you've decided to also include the shopping cart icon, it also now causes an odd spacing issue, which I got around previously by not having captions.

I'd also like to adjust the margins in galleries.

It'd be great if we could control these display settings.