Options

Create consistent side margins throughout website

dclphotodclphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited January 14, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
On my homepage, I have a slide show of a gallery. It takes up approx 1/3 of my screen, in the center. Then, my pages that nav bar links to span across the whole page. I would like to have my website margins consistent wherever the viewer goes.

1. Can I decrease my homepage side margins?

2. Can I make pages that my nav bar links to slightly narrower, or with larger side margins?

3. Can I decrease the space between the large image and the thumnails on the smugmug layout pages?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 9, 2014
    dclphoto wrote: »
    On my homepage, I have a slide show of a gallery. It takes up approx 1/3 of my screen, in the center. Then, my pages that nav bar links to span across the whole page. I would like to have my website margins consistent wherever the viewer goes.

1. Can I decrease my homepage side margins?

2. Can I make pages that my nav bar links to slightly narrower, or with larger side margins?

3. Can I decrease the space between the large image and the thumbnails on the smugmug layout pages?
    It sounds like your site is set to stretchy but your homepage is set to fixed.

You can specify whether the different pages of your site are stretchy and set the margins in the layout of each page.

To get there, select what you are editing (entire site, homepage, etc.). Once you are in editing mode, click the Layout tab and make adjustments as desired.

See http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1222436-customization-can-i-change-the-layout-of-my-new-smugmug-site

I'm not aware of a way to change the layout of a smugmug-styled gallery to decrease the space between the large image and the thumbs.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2014
    i-HjWZW5h-L.jpg

Thanks Denise....I looked at my page and homepage layouts. All were/are set at stretchy but their side margins appear different. I am attaching an image that shows a screen shot of the layout settings and shot of the homepage, then a shot of the weddings page. I had the whole site set to the same settings except the Fill Height, which didnt make any difference when changed. Do you have any other possible ideas for this? Thanks.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 11, 2014
    dclphoto wrote: »
    [I had the whole site set to the same settings except the Fill Height, which didnt make any difference when changed. Do you have any other possible ideas for this?
    Did you try setting the margins for each type of page?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2014
    If you are referring to the Layout>Margins>Side Margins....yes. They are all set at 0.....
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    On your homepage content blocks click the little carpenter's triangle that opens the Dimensions Menu. You can see what percentage your blocks are set to. Perhaps they're less than 50%? You can also adjust margins there. Maybe they're messed up?