Options

Question for Nicholas Sherlock

James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited January 15, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Nicholas, I would like to call upon your expertise once again.
Last September, you may recall that I posted about a problem which I have with the behaviour of CSS on my site. You kindly contributed to that thread. You might also notice that I was not the only one to experience this behaviour. (Keith 'mklabove') See: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=240656

I copied your "Always show captions in lightbox" customisation to the CSS for my entire site. None of this worked until I stripped out all of the ".sm-user-ui" from the code. Having modified it in that way, I found that clicking on a button below the image in lightbox, the window (e.g. Info) which then opens, just hangs and cannot be closed. The only "work around" I could construct was to eliminate the button display with the following code:
.sm-nui .sm-lightbox .sm-lightbox-panel .sm-lightbox-tools .sm-lightbox-icons .sm-button {
display: none;
}
Whilst the site now works, I remain uneasy because the cause of the ".sm-user-ui" behaviour remains unresolved.
When you have a moment, I should very much value your input.

(BTW, I am now using your SmugMug backup program in Chrome. Quite brilliant, your skill seems to know no bounds!)

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    James, it continues to baffle me that your website is missing the "sm-user-ui" class on the <html> tag. I cannot imagine the bug that would lead to that happening. Unless, are you a customer of one of those official SmugMug customisation companies? They might flip some weird switch on your website that could cause that as a side-effect. If you're not, I would definitely recommend asking SmugMug's support team about it.

I think your issues with the Info window are probably because you're using an earlier version of my customisation before I had found and fixed that problem. Try adding this code to the end of CSS:
    /* Make sure that doesn't end up overlaying floating dialogs like the comment box */
    	.sm-lightbox + .yui3-widget-modal {
    		z-index:3 !important;
    	}

• Options
    edited January 15, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    Unless, are you a customer of one of those official SmugMug customisation companies?
    No, I am pure 'vanilla' SmugMug since I joined - long before the New SmugMug was launched last year.
    I would definitely recommend asking SmugMug's support team about it.
    Thanks, that is certainly worth pursuing and I shall do so.
    I think your issues with the Info window are probably because you're using an earlier version of my customisation before I had found and fixed that problem.
    No, I am using your latest version.
    Try adding this code to the end of CSS:
    Tried that, but it made no difference.

I am most grateful to you for your input.
    Best wishes
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    Try adding this code to the end of CSS:
    Nicholas,
    After a bit more fiddling with the CSS, your new code does the trick!
    Why it did not do so before, I have no idea.
    Anyway, thank you very much for making it all work for me.
    (I shall get onto the Support Team nevertheless).
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    Check out my post on this thread for a possible explanation.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero