Options

New iPhone iPad 2.0 Smugmug app

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited January 15, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I saw there was a new version for iPad and iPhone was released on the 13th v2.0.. Bring it up on my phone and search for phabulous photos or login and after logging in or browsing to the phabulousphotos it just spins and spins.. Do I have to wait for the initial load or what?? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    I just tried it and you have to use your SmugMug sitename, not your custom URL.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014
    mrneutron wrote: »
    I just tried it and you have to use your SmugMug sitename, not your custom URL.

When I searched Phabulous Photos it pulled up David Evertsen.. Touch that and it spins and spins, if for some reason after a half hour or so if I force quit it and it has shown up in my users once.. Then I touch it and the app crashes.. IOS7 latest updates plenty of space on ipad mini.. Iphone just hangs and hangs..
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    When I searched Phabulous Photos it pulled up David Evertsen.. Touch that and it spins and spins, if for some reason after a half hour or so if I force quit it and it has shown up in my users once.. Then I touch it and the app crashes.. IOS7 latest updates plenty of space on ipad mini.. Iphone just hangs and hangs..

Hi David,

I will see if I can access some crash reports.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    I put in my credentials and it pulled up my top-level account. When I clicked it to view galleries it just spins and spins.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2014
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi David,

I will see if I can access some crash reports.

Thanks Michael, I believe once again it is because of my site's size, feel free to use my site to test! My site is on Smugmug 2.0 .. Please let me know what you find out.
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    Hey David,
    It is indeed because of your site's size, the request can timeout trying to request content for really large sites. I just tried your site and it worked but it did take a long time so I could see it timing out.

On the list of things to do in an update is paginating requests for large sites.

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2014
    Shizam wrote: »
    Hey David,
    It is indeed because of your site's size, the request can timeout trying to request content for really large sites. I just tried your site and it worked but it did take a long time so I could see it timing out.

On the list of things to do in an update is paginating requests for large sites.

Sam

My site keeps getting me in trouble with the Developers.. Sorry..
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    My site keeps getting me in trouble with the Developers.. Sorry..

When this kind of thing happens to me I assume the problem is they can't handle how awesome my stuff is ;)
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2014
    Shizam wrote: »
    When this kind of thing happens to me I assume the problem is they can't handle how awesome my stuff is ;)

Wow I like how you think and it sure sounds a whole lot better than "Non-Productive System Nuance." That's what the folks at Lucas Arts told me when I found one eons ago in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade game!!
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 15, 2014
    Hahaha, yeah, I was thinking about this the other day. Once upon a time I worked at Barnes & Noble and the stores had a mind-blowing 170,000 unique titles. No other retailer had anything like it. Walmart topped at 65,000. Searching that was amazing from a database point of view.

Then Amazon came along with 1 million titles. It blew everyone's mind, but it was a great achievement that they could search quickly through it.

Ironically, and I never expected this, years later Amazon is doing search on your site David, using the same search engine they use for Amazon.com. And it blew their minds, because it wasn't just searching Amazon.com anymore, but a group of event shooters with a mind-blowing number of photos.