Options

hot links?

StudioGucciardoStudioGucciardo Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited January 16, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of rebuilding my current "Legacy SmugMug" website in the "New" format.
My site is www.jimgucciardo.com.
Can anyone tell me how to:
1- Make a page for my contact info that has clickable links for emails instead of the contact page provided? and for phone numbers? I know how to make the basic page and link it, but can't seem to get the links to work. Also for some reason the TEXT box I drop and drag in from customization doesn't accept text when I cut and paste, Why not?

2- Can I add borders around my thumbnail images?

3- right now I have a nav bar set up, but the last link drops below the main line. Is there away to adjust it so I can make one line without making the font smaller?

4- How do I adjust the container size of video files so that all are uniform size?

5- Is there a way I can link a video from Vimeo on my homepage?

thanks!
Jim Gucciardo
www.jimgucciardo.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 15, 2014
    1- Make a page for my contact info that has clickable links for emails instead of the contact page provided? and for phone numbers? I know how to make the basic page and link it, but can't seem to get the links to work.

5- Is there a way I can link a video from Vimeo on my homepage?
    Here are a couple of answers as a start.

For clickable links you might consider using an HTML element instead of text. You can then use <a href= statements for a clickable link.

I'd recommend staying away from using a clickable link for email though - many folks do not have an email client installed on their computers.

You can place a Vimeo video on your site by dragging in a Vimeo content element. It's in the menu under video.

--- Denise
  • Options
    StudioGucciardoStudioGucciardo Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    Thank you
    Thank you very much for the response!
    Here are a couple of answers as a start.

For clickable links you might consider using an HTML element instead of text. You can then use <a href= statements for a clickable link.

I'd recommend staying away from using a clickable link for email though - many folks do not have an email client installed on their computers.

You can place a Vimeo video on your site by dragging in a Vimeo content element. It's in the menu under video.

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    For your contact page, why not use the free Wufoo option and content block for that? Mine is chock-full of stuff but you might be able to do something very minimalist.