Portrait Professional Studio

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited January 19, 2014 in Finishing School
Hi, I wanted to ask you
if you have tried the Portrait Professional Studio. It looks to me a bit amateurish as I think it overdoes corrections.

What do you think?
Alex

Comments

• rsirotarsirota Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    I turn a lot of it off and just do basic work but I use PP11 all the time
    Rob Sirota
    Web: www.robsirotaphotography.comwww.k9-pix.comwww.rsirota.com
    Nikon... All Nikon (D4/D810/Dƒ)
    ... OK I do have a PhaseOne 645DF+ w/IQ250
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited January 16, 2014
    This comment reminds me of folks that say they hate HDR. PP has fine grain controls for a huge myriad of adjustments. Like any other image processing tool, it's best done sparingly with a light hand. No one ever knows when I use it on my portraits. If you're getting amateurish results, you're doing it wrong, just like HDR.
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    I love it, but as previously stated, use it very sparingly. The defaults are way overdone and tend to make people look "plastic". Use a light touch and play with barely manipulating the various controls and you will see a more realistic result. Most clients will never know what you used to enhance their images.

Sherry
  • perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2014
    kdog wrote: »
    This comment reminds me of folks that say they hate HDR. PP has fine grain controls for a huge myriad of adjustments. Like any other image processing tool, it's best done sparingly with a light hand. No one ever knows when I use it on my portraits. If you're getting amateurish results, you're doing it wrong, just like HDR.

It doesn't help that the images they show in their advertising are HORRIFIC in most cases. It would scare off many pros. I bought it a few years back to speed up my corrections when I was retouching in bulk. When done well, and with a light touch, it does a nice job. But I have literally seen some people push the sliders to 100% and post the images. I just cringe.