Options

More Howto about home page

HarryPutnamHarryPutnam Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Some of smugmug staff has made a great effort to answer some of my poorly formulated questions and it is very well appreciated.

Nonetheless, here I am back with some more questions about things that after going thru settings I can find I'm just not seeing how to get things the way I want them.

I've placed my galleries on my home page so a visitor can see the names right off the bat.
OK, then removed the title and menu that is usually found there since it wants to float along with a visitor when scrolling the galleries.

Now I can see better how the galleries naming is handled. Its not just a name, but someone thought it was a good idea to put color into the text block too and then to put the whole thing inside the images where it is sure to interfere with them.

So each and every gallery icon picture has a hefty block at the bottom full of semi transparent color and a name in a too bright and too opaque color. Its enough to prevent a nice unobstructed view of the galleries.

I want the names OUTside the images and with none of the color fill inside the text block.

Further, I'd really like to know where to control the font and text color of the names. It does not appear to be in the gallery settings, nor does it appear to be in homepage or entire site settings.

Included below is a screen grab of what the homepage looks like (just to the first row of images) where you can see how the name and blotto of semi transparent color are interfering with the images.

How can I get those names out of images and loose the blob of semi trans grey background color in the text of block? Oh yeah, and set the color, type and size of that font?

SmugMugHomePage.jpg

Comments

• Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    Hello,

You can change the gallery thumbnail title bar to "Under" in the settings for that block you have added to your homepage. That solves most of the problems above.

You would need to use CSS to change the color or other attributes of this text.

Give this a spin and see what you think.

Thanks -Scott
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2014
    Hello,

You can change the gallery thumbnail title bar to "Under" in the settings for that block you have added to your homepage. That solves most of the problems above.

Actually I didn't add that block to my home page... What I did was add all the galleries to my home page and that block of text and color on each image came with it.

I've been pounding thru these settings all evening, and still am unable to find anything that effects that text block, nor have I found the 'under' or in fact anything whatever about the thumbnails in question, that you mention.

Sorry to be so thick headed, but is there anyway you can be a little more explicit about how one is to access these settings you speak of?
    You would need to use CSS to change the color or other attributes of this text.

Give this a spin and see what you think.

Thanks -Scott

OK, I've seen a little bit of discussion on that in some other threads so will pursue that if need be.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    Hi Harry,
    Just go to customize > customize site and make sure to select the homepage section from the customize drawer on the side. Hold your mouse over the content block in question and click on the wrench button. In the display tab, you'll find the info style setting. Set that to under. That's it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2014
    Hi Harry,
    Just go to customize > customize site and make sure to select the homepage section from the customize drawer on the side. Hold your mouse over the content block in question and click on the wrench button. In the display tab, you'll find the info style setting. Set that to under. That's it.

Gack, egad I must have stumbled past that a few times last night.
    Thanks alot.
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    There is CSS to change the background color, font color, size, etc., and also the spacing between the gallery thumbnails. I don't know what it is, but someone does. :D