Options

Logo

mjsmjs Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited January 17, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How do I make the container for my logo bigger so the text fits? and, how do I move the left nav bar further to the left side of the screen? Thx
msabatini.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 16, 2014
    mjs wrote: »
    How do I make the container for my logo bigger so the text fits? and, how do I move the left nav bar further to the left side of the screen?
    Click the dimension icon (triangle) when you hover over your logo. Change the container width.

On your navbar question, is there another element to the left? If not, is the navbar as far to the left as possible? Click the dimension icon when you over over the navbar and change the left margin.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2014
    Click the dimension icon (triangle) when you hover over your logo. Change the container width.

On your navbar question, is there another element to the left? If not, is the navbar as far to the left as possible? Click the dimension icon when you over over the navbar and change the left margin.

--- Denise
    When I use the dimension tool for the nav bar it has the left margin at 12px. Changing it to 0 doesn't much.

The only tool available for the logo is a wrench, no dimension tool. And the nav bar is a side bar that i used from layouts. Maybe I should use the reg nav bar content block? Tried using regular menu content block and there isn't an element on the page. How can I start with a new page with no theme and no design?
    msabatini.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 16, 2014
    When I use the dimension tool for the nav bar it has the left margin at 12px. Changing it to 0 doesn't much.

The only tool available for the logo is a wrench, no dimension tool. And the nav bar is a side bar that i used from layouts. Maybe I should use the reg nav bar content block? Tried using regular menu content block and there isn't an element on the page. How can I start with a new page with no theme and no design?
    Where is your logo? If you placed it on entire site then you need to edit it from entire site. If you don't the dimension tool will be missing.

I'm not sure what you mean by reg nav bar content block. It is a menu content block. Again, you need to be on the part of your site where you placed the element in order to edit it.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2014

--- Denise
    Where is your logo? If you placed it on entire site then you need to edit it from entire site. If you don't the dimension tool will be missing.

I'm not sure what you mean by reg nav bar content block. It is a menu content block. Again, you need to be on the part of your site where you placed the element in order to edit it.

--- Denise

OK, I went to the entire site and selected the dimension tool for the logo. I adjusted the margins every which way and as you can see the Text is not fitting in the container. When I adjust the top and bottom margins the container drops down providing room for the font but it just doesn't work. I did change the font type to several others and they fit fine. So it appears it's the font. ************** I just found a different font and it works fine. ***** Thx.
    The font I was trying to use was called Bad Script. Not sure what can be done about it.
    msabatini.com
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    OK, I went to the entire site and selected the dimension tool for the logo. I adjusted the margins every which way and as you can see the Text is not fitting in the container. When I adjust the top and bottom margins the container drops down providing room for the font but it just doesn't work. I did change the font type to several others and they fit fine. So it appears it's the font. ************** I just found a different font and it works fine. ***** Thx.
    The font I was trying to use was called Bad Script. Not sure what can be done about it.

I think you should have been able to fit the font. What do you have for these settings? (the 2 in yellow highlight).