Options

Err gday a question about metadata in SMugmug

lentillentil Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi there,

Sorry if this has been covered I had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

err I am a photography noob (not even noob) but I am currently working on a project @ work and we are looking at utilizing smugmug for our online corporate photograph database (home made stock photos and these types of things.) I use smugmug for my personal stuff and love it.

What I am wondering is there any way to capture custom metadata fields in smugmug ? We are specifically looking @ the Dublin CORE standard for metadata and I think from memory the element set is 1.1 (Blah blah blah ) . so we would like to be able to capture metadata related to each individual photo uploaded.

Look forward to your responses.

Lentil

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2013
    Hi Lentil,

To be honest, I'm not sure on what exactly you're trying to do. Could you go into more detail and perhaps give a specific example? Perhaps you can link to a photo that's available for downloading and reference what specific metadata you refer to and what it is you'd like to do with it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    umarketumarket Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 19, 2014
    I am also looking for help on how to download image metadata from my Smugmug account.
    Specifically, I would like like to download from my SmugMug account a table with entries for each of the images in my account:
    1) Smugmug ID/URL
    2) Image file name

The reason I'd like to get this:
    I recently migrated all our photos (17k+) from Flickr to Smugmug via Smugglr. That process actually populates the SmugMug field "name" (image file name) with the old Flickr image ID. Good so far. (http://uncorneredmarket.smugmug.com/)

Now, I'd like to replace all the Flickr images in our Wordpress blog (600+ posts, each with 3-10 images) with their SmugMug equivalent. I think I can speed up this process, or possibly automate it if I have the table above.

Before starting this process I was told by someone at SmugMug that it would be possible to make a chart with the flickr ID (i.e., Image file name) -> Smugmug URL so that we could run a script in our Wordpress database to replace all the flickr URLs with Smugmug URLs.

But that person has not been able to complete the chart. I am now looking for help on how to create this chart as I can't find documentation or information anywhere on how to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.