Options

Nikkor 12-24 DX F/4?

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited November 10, 2005 in Cameras
Anyone here own this lens? I'd like to hear some feedback and see some photos taken with this lens.

I have no wide angle lens at this time. This DX lens was designed for the digital sensors so you actually get 12-24mm. Just thinking about how nice something like this would be if I could make it to Bryce next year.

Comments

• Options
    Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2005
    Hi Mitchell...

I don't own this lens nor have I shot with it. I have heard good things about this lens but of course it is subjective.

I was just reading a few threads on dpreview that had pictures taken with this lens. You will have to look through these pictures (which are quite nice IMO) to see which ones were taken with the 12-24 DX.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=15671134
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=15704667

Anyway, I know that you were probably looking for someone who has used this lens but hopefully this will help. Perhaps others will chime in... :D
    Lee
    Mitchell wrote:
    Anyone here own this lens? I'd like to hear some feedback and see some photos taken with this lens.

I have no wide angle lens at this time. This DX lens was designed for the digital sensors so you actually get 12-24mm. Just thinking about how nice something like this would be if I could make it to Bryce next year.
  • Options
    tibutibu Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2005
    Hi

I own this lens and I love it. It is expensive but the quality is great and has very little flaring.
    Of course as wide angle you have to be careful to use it with the presepctive but the results are great. I often will fix a bit the perspective in Photoshop

Some samples at 12mm

37249607-L.jpg

37208804-L.jpg

39743261-L.jpg

Carlos
    Mitchell wrote:

• Options
    aljealje Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2005
    Nikkor 12-24 DX F/4
    Great lens. Be careful using the lenshood at 12 mm.
  • Options
    mdgodfmdgodf Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:

Great lens - a must have if you take wide angle (or wish you could!)
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2005
    Thanks for these great replies. I just bought one of these over on FM. Should arrive in a few days. I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks again!