Options

DINA Troubleshooting - New Customization Bug?

LisaYangLisaYang Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited January 21, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

How are you all?

I'm having two issues in "Dina" (trying to swap over to the new SM)..

1) in preview, none of my galleries are showing up. I'm hesitant to publish if for some reason my galleries are inaccessible. Please see screenshot. I can go into folders but at the final galleries page, none show up.

2) in folders and gallery settings, the header on the left is white. Is it possible to change to my background color #181818 to maintain site consistency from home page?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Screen shot 2014-01-21 at 11.14.27 AM.png

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 21, 2014
    Hi Lisa,

1. You just need to add the galleries content block to All folders. Go to customize > customize site > All folders, and drag the Galleries content block to the site. Make sure you click Done and Publish now.

2. As for the left sidebar: you are using a different theme on your folders and galleries pages. To show the dark sidebar, go to customize > customize site and select the Lisa Yang Photography theme under the Theme tab, for both All folders and All galleries.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Thank you so much Ana! These worked perfectly.

Another question, is there a way to possibly hide the keywords for each photograph but still have them be searchable by web and smugmug?
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Hi Lisa,

1. You just need to add the galleries content block to All folders. Go to customize > customize site > All folders, and drag the Galleries content block to the site. Make sure you click Done and Publish now.

2. As for the left sidebar: you are using a different theme on your folders and galleries pages. To show the dark sidebar, go to customize > customize site and select the Lisa Yang Photography theme under the Theme tab, for both All folders and All galleries.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    LisaYang wrote: »
    Thank you so much Ana! These worked perfectly.

Another question, is there a way to possibly hide the keywords for each photograph but still have them be searchable by web and smugmug?

I used this link to find the css code that someone was kind enough to provide for us. It is very easy to do this. Take a look at my just redesigned site to see if that is what you want; for instance there were keywords and filenames under my photos but with the addition of this code they are gone and it looks much cleaner now. I added a page just for Keywords, also accessible via the Search button in the Nav bar.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237930

Scroll down to the heading that says
    Disable Keywords from Being Shown on Your Galleries:

and copy the css code and add that to your entire site by adding a css content block at the the bottom the homepage.

http://steveandbecky.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    This is perfect! Thank you so much Steve - great photos by the way! Looking forward to unveiling!
    steveL wrote: »
    I used this link to find the css code that someone was kind enough to provide for us. It is very easy to do this. Take a look at my just redesigned site to see if that is what you want; for instance there were keywords and filenames under my photos but with the addition of this code they are gone and it looks much cleaner now. I added a page just for Keywords, also accessible via the Search button in the Nav bar.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237930

Scroll down to the heading that says
    Disable Keywords from Being Shown on Your Galleries:

and copy the css code and add that to your entire site by adding a css content block at the the bottom the homepage.

http://steveandbecky.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Okay, final question - I notice that the photorank appears to be disabled in the updated smugmug - is there a way to re-activate this feature?

Also, is there a way to see most popular photos in their own moving gallery (most popular photos at top, less popular at bottom)?

This is perfect! Thank you so much Steve - great photos by the way! Looking forward to unveiling!
  • Options
    steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    Okay, final question - I notice that the photorank appears to be disabled in the updated smugmug - is there a way to re-activate this feature?

Also, is there a way to see most popular photos in their own moving gallery (most popular photos at top, less popular at bottom)?

Sorry. I don't know anything about those things. I don't think Photo ranking works the way it used to work -- but maybe someone else would know.

The only way that I look at popular galleries on my site is via the statistics in Account Settings (but I haven't looked in a very long time). Maybe the Google statistics thing would be something you might like to look into.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited January 21, 2014

By photo rank do you mean the thumbs up icon? That's controlled in gallery settings, social tab, allow likes (on/off).

Your popular page is at <your url>/popular.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Thanks Denise - I guess I just can't see that feature when I'm in preview mode. I'll have to 'unveil' first and then see how it functions when I'm logged out - thanks!
    By photo rank do you mean the thumbs up icon? That's controlled in gallery settings, social tab, allow likes (on/off).

Your popular page is at <your url>/popular.

--- Denise