Options

Can download be for smaller sized image?

mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited January 22, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I am planning to have a gallery for an event and I would like them to only be able to download for free a size TBD that is not Original. Is this possible?

I am guessing one answer is I can export all images from my Lightroom collection as Facebook sized with a watermark on them and then import back to LR and then load just those into the Smugmug gallery. Now original = the Facebook sized that was loaded to the gallery
but
I was hoping there was some HTML I could put on the specific gallery to direct what the Download button would get.

BTW, is there a way to have Download, download the file with the watermark on it or will it always be removed (this is excluding those that I uploaded to Smugmug with the watermark on it).

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited January 21, 2014
    The download button is only shown if Originals are available for viewing.

Since the download is the Original image it will not be watermarked.

--- Denise
  • Options
    mrhonimrhoni Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    The download button is only shown if Originals are available for viewing.

Since the download is the Original image it will not be watermarked.

--- Denise

So there is no customization for the download button to get a file smaller than the original and there is no way to keep the watermark on the download file, correct?
    Unless I upload smaller files with the watermark already on them.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    mrhoni wrote: »
    So there is no customization for the download button to get a file smaller than the original and there is no way to keep the watermark on the download file, correct?
    Unless I upload smaller files with the watermark already on them.
    I'm not aware of any customizations, but you could instruct your visitors to right-click on a photo and select the save option available in their browser. That would also retain the watermark.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero