Options

Urgent - website/keyword.com

mrigloomrigloo Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited January 22, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have just discovered that all my clients' images, which are all in password protected galleries, are viewable to anyone who types my domain name followed by /keyword.

How is this even possible? Either I have done something very, very silly to allow this, or Smugmug is about to get binned. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 22, 2014
    Are you logged in when you see this? I believe the keywords will show for you if you are logged in but will not show if you are not logged in. Make sure to clear the browser cache after logging out, or look on a browser where you have never been logged in.

--- Denise
  • Options
    mrigloomrigloo Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    Thanks Denise, but that doesn't work. I've tried the same with your website and can see all your key words too.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 22, 2014
    mrigloo wrote: »
    Thanks Denise, but that doesn't work. I've tried the same with your website and can see all your key words too.
    You should be able to see all of my keywords - my galleries are public and not password-protected. I want people to be able to enter my galleries via keywords.

Were the galleries always password-protected? If they were not then I believe it will take a while for the keywords to clear.

You might want to contact the smugmug help desk (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new) if the galleries have always been password-protected and you can jump from the /keyword page into a password-protected gallery when you are not logged in. Again, if you were using a browser where you were logged in you must log out and clear the browser cache.

--- Denise
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2014
    You've got a folder called /Private on your site which is set to public visibility and does not have a password set on it. Is that the gallery that you're seeing images from?

Are you certain you logged out before you tried it? Try using your web browser's "Incognito" or "Private browsing" feature to ensure you're really logged out. I couldn't spot any keywords which showed a single image from your /Client-area folder, for example.