Options

homepage links not working

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited January 23, 2014 in SmugMug Support
In traditional (old) version view - when I click on this link

http://www.digital-finger.com/Projects/n-m2x2C

which used to work fine , it now either takes me to the new smugmug look version or does nothing, mostly does nothing

Not sure whats going on , any thoughts please - not ready to jump fully to new version quite yet
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    I'm not sure how clicking that link can do more than one thing at different times?

Some notes:
    - While you're customizing, to complete and test some edits you've made, do Done and Publish. Ignore the preview option as it can cause problems in what you see and when you see it. Publish is private to you only before you unveil. After you unveil, Publish is to the public.
    - In new SM, you need to set up menus and navbars using the content blocks, which you drag into place where you want them.

So, where is the link you reference? On which part of your site and what content block is it from?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    Your site is still in Preview mode which means logged out visitors will be unable to use this New SmugMug link and are therefore sent to your Legacy SmugMug homepage.
    On Legacy SmugMug and therefore for visitors, the link to your Projects category is still the same link you've set up in your navigation bar on Legacy SmugMug:
    http://www.digital-finger.com/Projects

In addition, New SmugMug links would only work for you if you're currently viewing the New SmugMug in your browser. If you're on Legacy right now, the link would not work.

For New SmugMug links to work for visitors, you'd need to first unveil your New SmugMug site. Just note that unveiling your site would completely make your New SmugMug site live and your Legacy SmugMug site would cease to exist. There's also not a way for you to revert to Legacy SmugMug once you've unveiled. For additional details on using New and Legacy SmugMug site by side and about unveiling your New SmugMug, check out this page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    I Simonius wrote: »
    In traditional (old) version view - when I click on this link

http://www.digital-finger.com/Projects/n-m2x2C

which used to work fine , it now either takes me to the new smugmug look version or does nothing, mostly does nothing

Not sure whats going on , any thoughts please - not ready to jump fully to new version quite yet
    Is that a gallery in legacy? In legacy it looks like a link to a category. If a gallery, in legacy go to the
    gallery and get the link. You can still use that link in NewSmug.

If it's a new gallery added in NewSmug find it in the category in legacy.
    /SmugPreview
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2014
    Hi all it is the third link along on the right - Projects - in legacy.

Not a new gallery - been there for qute a while and link worked for a long while before..

It DID open the new smug mug when I clicked it IN LEGACY

re:preview - yes I never use that for the reasons you stated
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    I Simonius wrote: »
    Hi all it is the third link along on the right - Projects - in legacy.

Not a new gallery - been there for qute a while and link worked for a long while before..

It DID open the new smug mug when I clicked it IN LEGACY

re:preview - yes I never use that for the reasons you stated

If you are logged in, it would take you to new Smugmug.
    What happens if you click the link when you are logged out?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2014
    In legacy /Projects would be a category not a gallery. It would open the category (folder) page with the gallery thumbs
    showing. Any legacy category page would look the same in NewSmug if you have a galleries box on the page: i.e. /Projects page.

On your legacy site the /Projects (category page) is empty which means no galleries in the cat or they are all unlisted.
    Unlisted galleries will only show for you when logged in.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    If you are logged in, it would take you to new Smugmug.
    What happens if you click the link when you are logged out?

well yes, initially but then after I have chosen legacy and thats where I am then i click on it and nothing happens but once or twice it took me to the new version page
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    In legacy /Projects would be a category not a gallery. It would open the category (folder) page with the gallery thumbs
    showing. Any legacy category page would look the same in NewSmug if you have a galleries box on the page: i.e. /Projects page.

On your legacy site the /Projects (category page) is empty which means no galleries in the cat or they are all unlisted.
    Unlisted galleries will only show for you when logged in.

yes it is a category you're right - I used the wrong terms.

yes they are all unlisted - IM sure I was logged in because I could get to them in the new version
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..