Options

Seeking YOUR Advice

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited January 25, 2014 in The Big Picture
Hi DGrinners! I am planning an epic, unique and time oriented shot for July 2014!

I want your assistance in my planning of this shot.... let's start out with a brief synopsis of my idea, then you can tell me things I may need to remember to make the shot as epic as i'm seeing in my brain.

Synopsis: I attend an annual Wagon Train trip (reenacting Pioneer days with real covered wagons, Mules, and old crusty guys) for a 4-H Group. You can peek at previous photo's at this link to get a visual idea of what i'm talking about here. http://www.prismaticimagery.com/Portfolio/4-H-Wagon-Train

The Vision: This years trek will be in the Ochoco National Forest where the altitude is high, the sky is big and no contrails exist :clap. I have taken this trail before and have gotten a cool shot or two along the way... here is just one..... Midnight%20Wagon-M.jpg

My plan is to get a similar shot.... BUT... with a Supermoon (07/12/14) in the sky AND... an old crusty wagon driver..... who is about 70 years young and looks like an old pioneer to boot and maybe one of his mules....:bwg. I am initially thinking Wide Angle Lens to capture the whole wagon and sky where the moon will raise... a low power, cross lighted flash from two off camera flash guns (as we'll be at dusk/dark).

YOUR Advice.....??:dunno I want to plan this until the trip arrives... so if you have input, ideas, suggestions, or advice on making this an epic shot, please share... this is a have fun project we can all plan on and I will of course share the results after the trip and post processing of said shot....

Care to join in... this is your chance to dispence with all your professional wisdom in "planning the perfect shot".......

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Lee
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Sounds like it will be a fun trip! This would be a good opportunity to give light painting a try!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    Gary752 wrote: »
    Sounds like it will be a fun trip! This would be a good opportunity to give light painting a try!

GaryB

Yeah, the wagon in the shot above is light painted with a flashlight over a few frames....
    Lee Wiren