Options

Help with logo

vandrvvandrv Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited February 1, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I have finally decided the time has come to move into the new Smugmug. I thought I was reasonably computer literate, but am having absolutely no luck here. The first problem I am haveing trouble with is my logo. I cannot figure out what size the file has to be. No matter which template I use when I insert it, it overwhelms the page. Can anyone tell me what size I need to resize it to to get it to fit? Thanks for any help.
Joe

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    vandrv wrote: »
    I have finally decided the time has come to move into the new Smugmug. I thought I was reasonably computer literate, but am having absolutely no luck here. The first problem I am haveing trouble with is my logo. I cannot figure out what size the file has to be. No matter which template I use when I insert it, it overwhelms the page. Can anyone tell me what size I need to resize it to to get it to fit? Thanks for any help.
    Joe

How are you adding it - as an HTML block? So the HTML would control the size that way.
    You can also control the percentage of the container width each block takes up. On the top bar of a block, the highlighted color, top left corner, is a wrench, and a triangle. Check settings options there. The wrench is margins and container percentage. You can reduce the width so that, for example, a photo block resizes smaller.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,258 moderator
    edited January 31, 2014
    Have you tried specifying a resize width on your logo? The property is on the image tab.

From my standpoint a logo should be fairly small. It is an identifier for your site but it should not overwhelm the site content. In addition, keep in mind that your site will be viewed on different sized devices.

--- Denise
  • Options
    vandrvvandrv Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Thank you for your help. It has allowed me to resize the logo enough so that it fits on the page. I'm sure I will be back with more questions, momentarily. :D