Options

Stats - recent drop in views - any idea why?

beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited February 1, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Any idea why the stats have nosedived in the last few days? At first I thought it was due to the turn of the year but stats for previous year-turns don't show this pattern. Am I the only one with a dip like this or are other users finding a similar drop?

Screenshot:

statsdrop.jpg
Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2014
    Just checked a half dozen sites, no similar drop off ne_nau.gif
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2014
    Thanks for the checks, Zac.

Further info:

Most of my SM hits (~20k/day?) come from my WP blog, but ironically my blog stats are UP for the period that SM stats are down headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2014
    OK, so it stayed inexplicably low for a month and now it's gone up to bizarre levels headscratch.gifdunno

statsjump.jpg
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2014
    Mine seems to be following what I would expect over that period. Did you change anything, e.g. from one style gallery to another? I don't know if there's clearly documented but I think (for example) collage counts each image as a view, whereas the smugmug thumbs gallery which is somewhat similar does not.

I keep Google ANalytics on as well, that way I've got something to compare against (admittedly a confusing something since these are image views and google is page views (etc)).

Can you dig in and see if the increase/decrease is in an specific place/gallery/referrer?

But to the extent a negative correlation is helpful, I saw nothing odd in that time on mine. Mine has tracked to events with more/less interest.