Options

what is the yellow box on top of window?

synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited February 5, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Every once in a while a rounded-edge yellow box drops down from the top of the window. It usually goes away after a couple of mouse clicks elsewhere, but sometimes I have to click on the x in it's lower right corner.

What is this telling me? Should I be worried?
Brandon Smith
http://redwoodtwig.com
Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2014
    What browser version and operating system do you use? Do you have any extensions / add-ons installed in your browser? If so, which?
    Is the issue happening in another browser as well?

Also include a screenshot of the entire screen showing the issue, along with a link to your site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2014
    What browser version and operating system do you use? Do you have any extensions / add-ons installed in your browser? If so, which?
    Is the issue happening in another browser as well?

Also include a screenshot of the entire screen showing the issue, along with a link to your site.

It's one of those intermittent things.
    Chrome, with a slew of add ons, though this particular shape and color only shows up when I'm on a smugmug customization page. I'll try to get better information about it next time it happens.
    Brandon Smith
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2014
    synature wrote: »
    It's one of those intermittent things.
    Chrome, with a slew of add ons, though this particular shape and color only shows up when I'm on a smugmug customization page. I'll try to get better information about it next time it happens.

Mystery solved. It was a chrome extension called "Browser clipboard" that you can copy multiple selections of different kinds from one page, then paste on another page. In fact it works pretty good when using the context menu to copy to it. But that turning it on/visible doesn't seem to be stable. Says it is supposed to become visible when you select and start to drag, but it would pop up on smugmug customization pages randomly. And I never saw it pop up on any other pages.

An "unofficial" extension written by a Google engineer on his 20%, whatever that means. I have removed it, though if there's a significant upgrade, I can see where it will be handy when I want to copy several items from a new smugmug page or folder to another.
    Brandon Smith
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2014
    synature wrote: »
    Mystery solved. It was a chrome extension called "Browser clipboard" that you can copy multiple selections of different kinds from one page, then paste on another page. In fact it works pretty good when using the context menu to copy to it. But that turning it on/visible doesn't seem to be stable. Says it is supposed to become visible when you select and start to drag, but it would pop up on smugmug customization pages randomly. And I never saw it pop up on any other pages.
    Aha, I'm glad to hear you were able to locate the source of the issue. Looking at the reviews for the extension, it seems to have a lot of folks that say it doesn't work properly, so it's likely also not working properly with other sites.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero