Options

Link resolution

bipockbipock Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited February 5, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I've noticed lately that when I link pictures for forums, the pictures are losing sharpness and color. They're just not looking good. This isn't an issue I've had in the past. Has the file compression or resolution changed in the last couple months?

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2014
    the resolution should be the same as the display sizes you can view on your SmugMug site. There should not be a difference.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2014
    Sorry for the delayed reply. They are loading pretty differently from what I see on my screen when editing and what I see on my website or when linked. Everything looks better on my edit screen, but nothing on the website has the same sharpness or color that I am seeing and that is translating over to my links. This is a recent problem (last 1-2 months).
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2014
    Do you see an issue in different browsers? What browser versions have you tried?
    How are you connected to the internet (cellular, dsl, cable)?
    Can you align the photo on your computer along with the one on SmugMug and take a screenshot of your whole screen showing the comparison? Here's how you can take a screenshot.
    Also include a link to the photo in question you're using for the comparison.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2014
    Do you see an issue in different browsers? What browser versions have you tried? YES
    How are you connected to the internet (cellular, dsl, cable)? cable and DSL
    Can you align the photo on your computer along with the one on SmugMug and take a screenshot of your whole screen showing the comparison? Here's how you can take a screenshot.
    Also include a link to the photo in question you're using for the comparison. It's all of them.

Not sure about the screenshot as I'm pretty sure you're not going to see the difference at such small sizes. I noticed it but thought it was my eyes until a couple people mentioned that something looked off in the sharpness and detail coming through. Then I realized it wasn't my eyes. They just don't have the sharpness and POP I see on my screen and am used to seeing in my account.