Client's Favorite's page not saving favorites

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
edited February 8, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have created an event as I always have.

I have 4 fav galleries.

I tried this this last night and I went in to the event gallery, marked a few images with red hearts , and went to the previous screen then clicked above to view my favorites gallery again...NOTHING was in this gallery.

And this has been the embarrassing complaint I have from the client.

Susie has created 2 fav gallaries but the URLs are weird.

One URL points to a gallery, the other has the text in the URL "favorite Galleries".

I got these fro the event dashboard for this event...

I do not know what to tell the client except go old school and use pencil and paper.

THE SMUGMUG HEROES want me to take a screen shot BUT as I have told the heroes there is not a screen shot to take.....what, of an empty gallery?

So we have been on this issue now for 24 hours and a constant exchange between the different heroes...meanwhile, the client and their participants grow more impatient and I am on vacation dealing with this from my hotel room....

Anyone have any ideas.... I can share URLS, but some of you heroes here may be able to take a look see....

I was able to populate a fav gallery just now but why is this a hit or miss affair with the events...

very bad ju-ju

any ideas thanks in advance

Comments

• vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2013
    The heroes have esponded and they said it was a recent issue???? But what they found was that If go into my PRIVACY settings and allow collecting my clients should be able to collect and save favorites...I hope this works because I have told the clients a number of time to try again....
  • brotherjugbrotherjug Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    ditto.
    can t see the favorites client selected.
    edited August 1, 2013
    I populated each one of the favorites galleries with one image last night so they should be at least one in there. This is really really bad if the favorites gallery is still not working.
  • bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    Allow Collecting = Yes did not resolve your issue?
    edited August 1, 2013
    bobbyhero wrote: »
    Allow Collecting = Yes did not resolve your issue?
    UPDATE: I just got to the room and I see that they have populated their favorite galleries with images......

NOW I CAN get on with my vacation!

THANK YOU FOR Being heroes!!!!

V.
  • brotherjugbrotherjug Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    I have the same issue, but i am testing it out and noticing that the photos on the client event page are not loading well...in other words, the icons at the bottom are not showing up at all to select a favorite, etc.

and when they do eventually show up, hitting the heart...nothing happens....can i send someone a link? i need this resolved.....

Thanks
    edited August 1, 2013
    brotherjug wrote: »
    I have the same issue, but i am testing it out and noticing that the photos on the client event page are not loading well...in other words, the icons at the bottom are not showing up at all to select a favorite, etc.

and when they do eventually show up, hitting the heart...nothing happens....can i send someone a link? i need this resolved.....

Thanks

WOW.....I thought this was a me thing...I don't know if this was a behind the scenes thing because of the rollout.... but my peeps are finally populating galleries...hahahaha not the ones i ever guess they wll like however...
    v.
  • cpluslcplusl Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 4, 2013
    Clients' Favoites Not Saving
    I am having this issue too and it is a real problem. I am a PRO user & have not yet migrated in any way (in the middle of busy wedding season). But since the new smugmug was launched I've had three clients have problems saving their favorites in Events. Once client just emailed me that she wanted to cry as she spent 4 hours going through her images "hearting" her favorites and NONE saved! This feature is the main reason I paid for PRO.

Where do I find the PRIVACY setting to "allow collecting"? Did this change work? And just wondering if you have already migrated? I did not make any changes at all because I read it would take time to learn so wanted to do at the end of the season.

Thanks in advance for help!

Lynn
    edited August 5, 2013
    Found it! Thanks for the instructions, vdotmatrix! Hoping this will solve problem! For other togs with pro accounts & events - go to Homepage ---> tools---> account settings--->privacy --->allow collecting ON (default is off).
    edited August 5, 2013
    cplusl wrote: »
    Found it! Thanks for the instructions, vdotmatrix! Hoping this will solve problem! For other togs with pro accounts & events - go to Homepage ---> tools---> account settings--->privacy --->allow collecting ON (default is off).

What pisses me off is for some reason thishad to happen with a particular repeat client I had given the disastrous shoot now this...too much of a coincidence i think .......uggg
    edited August 5, 2013
    Still NOT Saving Favorites in Events
    I changed the settings to ALLOW COLLECTING ON in the privacy settings, but clients can still not save favorites. I just tested it and it does not work. After choosing "favorites" by clicking on the heart, when you click VIEW MY FAVORITES, you get a screen saying "Where's the love? To fill this gallery, return to gallery and pick your Favorites."

If anyone has any suggestions, please share them! I have 12 clients starting or in the process of selecting favorites for their albums as well. This is quite embarrassing & also a huge hassle for clients to have to use paper & pen to list their favs.
    edited August 5, 2013
    I changed the settings to ALLOW COLLECTING ON in the privacy settings, but clients can still not save favorites. I just tested it and it does not work. After choosing "favorites" by clicking on the heart, when you click VIEW MY FAVORITES, you get a screen saying "Where's the love? To fill this gallery, return to gallery and pick your Favorites."

If anyone has any suggestions, please share them! I have 12 clients starting or in the process of selecting favorites for their albums as well. This is quite embarrassing & also a huge hassle for clients to have to use paper & pen to list their favs.

Refresh your browzer...but I got the same **** and I have created events and used fav galleries before...The HEROES are swamped right now and this happened to me the day of I think of the rollout...
    edited August 5, 2013
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    Refresh your browzer...but I got the same **** and I have created events and used fav galleries before...The HEROES are swamped right now and this happened to me the day of I think of the rollout...

okay - will try clearing cach & refreshing browser. thanks! btw, that sucks re your client. hopefully they are happy now!
    edited August 5, 2013
    okay - will try clearing cach & refreshing browser. thanks! btw, that sucks re your client. hopefully they are happy now!

it is embarrassing to me is alll...good luck report back
    edited August 5, 2013
    Cleared cache & refreshd browser but favorites still not saving. :cry
    edited August 5, 2013
    Events - Saving Favorites Not Working
    Just a heads up to anyone using EVENTS to release images to clients and have them select and save their FAVORITES. This feature is still not working. The favorites do not save. Smugmug help says they hope to have an answer soon:

Christina Dale
    AUG 05, 2013 | 07:45AM PDT
    Hi Lynn,

Thank you for contacting SmugMug.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience for you and your customers. I did a test on the P & M event and had the same results. We did have an issue that involved the event name formatting but that has been fixed and does not appear to be the cause here either.

I have asked the sorcerers to check on this for you and I hope they have a better answer for you soon!

Best Regards,
    Christina
    SmugMug Support Hero

I am just sharing this so people will not have upset clients like I currently do who spent hours picking their favorites only to have them not save.

What I am doing now as a temporary fix is having clients mark their favorites in the comments section with their initial. This seems to work but is a huge downgrade from the original AMAZING system whereby the images clients favorited were collected into a separate personal gallery which they could then review and share, and I could download. Really hoping it can be fixed soon, and the smugmug heros will come to the rescue! Love, love, love their service & product, and have for going on 7 years.

Lynn
    edited August 6, 2013
    Fixed! Big THANK YOU to Michael Bonocore & smugmug team
    Thank you for Michael Bonocore & the smugmug help team for addressing this problem! They pushed a fix for saving favorites in events yesterday & it now works again.

Really appreciate them working on this as it is a huge part of our workflow & business. Special thanks to Michael for following up with me to check everything was back on track. I was highly frustrated with this situation, but my faith & love of smugmug is renewed with how everything was resolved iloveyou.gif

As a side note, LOVE this feature of clients being able to select & save their favorites in a personal gallery & hope it stays in the new smugmug!
    edited August 6, 2013
    Thank you for Michael Bonocore & the smugmug help team for addressing this problem! They pushed a fix for saving favorites in events yesterday & it now works again.

Really appreciate them working on this as it is a huge part of our workflow & business. Special thanks to Michael for following up with me to check everything was back on track. I was highly frustrated with this situation, but my faith & love of smugmug is renewed with how everything was resolved iloveyou.gif

As a side note, LOVE this feature of clients being able to select & save their favorites in a personal gallery & hope it stays in the new smugmug!

Okay, that is fine and dandy. I have used this features for a number of years and now all of a sudden they say I have to turn the allow collecting button ON.

So what is the solution they came up with for you? I find this all coincidental with the roll out of their new product.....just asking.
  • ptrbeeptrbee Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2014
    I had this issue back in November, it went away & is back now. I noticed that when I create an Event i see Favorites n/a and is greyed out when the problem first occurred so each time I create an event now, I check that there is a link before I send it to my client, 3x of them moaning at me the last time has taught me check it works perfectly before giving them access. Question is hoes do I fix as I now have a deadline?

Peter.
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2014
    I have a client getting beyond frustrated trying to save photos for their album. I assume their doing something wrong, but nope, SmugMug is f'ed up. Soo time to move on from this. :deadhorse
  • JKPJKP Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2014
    Still not working
    I had a client tell me the same thing today. I checked the privacy setting and collecting is "ON" However, I log in as a client and mark a couple of favorites. Then I see know way to view favorites. Anyone have any ideas on what else to try?

I am still on Legacy while doing the trial and error click attempt to drag method. The 'instructional' videos are completely inadequate. I find it easier to reverse engineer foreign military equipment than try to figure out how to get new smugmug to do what I want. There should be some basic manual on what each section of the pages are and what is allowed/not allowed.