Options

DP review challenges

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited July 14, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Andy I've just been looking through the challenges on DP review, there's some great pictures! if you're the host do you have to manually go through the voting thread and total all the points? Are you involved in any others, you must be a glutton for punishment!! I suppose you haven't got to go through the selection process though.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Andy I've just been looking through the challenges on DP review, there's some great pictures! if you're the host do you have to manually go through the voting thread and total all the points? Are you involved in any others, you must be a glutton for punishment!! I suppose you haven't got to go through the selection process though.

hey there, gubbs

each forum has their own challenge on dpreview. in the sony forum, the challenge runs for a fortnight, roughly .. you can compete in two galleries, eligible, for sony cams only (and shot during the challenge time period), and exhibition, for any camera and any time. if you are voted winner of the exhibition gallery, you get to choose the topic for the next challenge. and you host, so you don't enter. yeah, the votes are tallied manually, which is a bit of a chore but i got used to it after a while...