Options

Logo not listed as Block...

ChuxterChuxter Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited February 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Why is “Logo” not listed as one of the “Content Blocks”?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    It is, click and expand design.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChuxterChuxter Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Al, do you realize how depressing a reply like, "It is, click and expand design." is to a beginner. Are you having FUN frustrating new people struggling to make sense of SM? ne_nau.gif

Click WHERE? Is there an "Expand Design" button I missed?

I selected "Customize Site" and started clicking on everything in the "Content Blocks" list. When I got down to "Design", "Logo" was there!

In retrospect, you should have written, "click and expand "Design" in the "Content Blocks" list. Doing so would have saved me much angst...and embarrassment!
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Chuxter wrote: »
    Al, do you realize how depressing a reply like, "It is, click and expand design." is to a beginner. Are you having FUN frustrating new people struggling to make sense of SM? ne_nau.gif

Click WHERE? Is there an "Expand Design" button I missed?

I selected "Customize Site" and started clicking on everything in the "Content Blocks" list. When I got down to "Design", "Logo" was there!

In retrospect, you should have written, "click and expand "Design" in the "Content Blocks" list. Doing so would have saved me much angst...and embarrassment!

You DO realise that Allen is not a Smugmug employee. He is a user of Smugmug just like you ... but VOLUNTEERS his time and expertise FREE OF CHARGE to thousands of problems here. He doesn't have to do it - he is just offering advice and help out of the goodness of his heart.

Notice he's getting close to 35,000 posts and the vast majority of those are helping out people FOR FREE ... FOR FREE ... because he CHOOSES to ... not because he has to.

Allen may have dozens of threads that he is providing advice to - maybe he didn't have the time to provide the level of detail you were needing. A quick note back saying you don't understand and Allen would have provided more.

He is an absolute, 100% hero on these forums. I have no idea how he can devote so much time to helping others ... for FREE ... but I can tell you I am eternally grateful for his help.

So I'd suggest you back off with the attitude unless you want to do all your customizing alone.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Chuxter wrote: »
    Do YOU realise how depressing it is when folk so obviously can't be arsed to search the helpfiles that are linked to in the SM header of everybody's site?

Do you think that the "?" icon, top-right, is there for decoration?

Click it, select "Get Help", do some searching and you'll find stuff like this >>> http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1210628

I agree with AceCo55 - Allen's a gem. Don't blame him for your inability or unwillingness to RTFM.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!