Options

Not all thumbnails are displaying

topmedictopmedic Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited February 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I noticed this lately - if I use a Gallery style other than Smugmug, not all of my images are displaying. My default setting is Collage Landscape. Only 12 pics are displaying instead of 29. Anything I am missing? It happens in all galleries. This gallery has 29 images but only 12 are showing - http://www.willtakepicturesforfood.com/Chicago/Skyline/ . I've tried it in all browsers.

Comments

• Options
    FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Hi

We have alerted our QA folks about this. As soon as I have some additional info, I will follow up with you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or problems, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Thank you.

As additional info, I've never made any changes or added customizations that could have caused this. I have galleries with 100+ images and only 12 are showing.
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    This is a MAJOR issue and has been going on for at least 24 hours. If it is not fixed within an hour or so it will be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
    I just finished shooting a major event and need to get my galleries up ASAP to capture print sales and to hopefully gain new clients. I looked and felt like an *ss when I linked to a gallery that only showed 12 photos, especially since I tagged people in Facebook who should have been able to see their photos. I will end up losing any potential print sales and any potential future clients if this isn't fixed very quickly.

Please make sure it is a priority.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Wonder how many people don't even realize they have this problem yet, that their galleries only show the first twelve photos. I was just told to use SmugMug style until they figure out the problem. Not an ideal solution for me, I specifically need to use a gallery style that shows the captions beneath each image, not a page of tiny thumbnails with no caption. Nobody wants to click through thumbnails to find their photo.

I am so beyond mad right now it isn't funny.
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    OffTopic wrote: »
    Wonder how many people don't even realize they have this problem yet, .....

Indeed. What happened to me is someone mentioned in passing that my latest shoots had surprisingly few photos in them, only from the beginning of games.

WHAT?!?

Finally figured out, asked a few others and many are seeing it (though most of them are inside of the same university, interestingly).

When I look it is not all that frequent (maybe 1 in 5 or 8 times). But they say it is every time for them.

My help desk ticket has been open since Friday, and no response since "they are working on it". Which is a bit different than "we'll let them know". I wonder if it's actually being worked, or is just in a QA queue for testing.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    PS. I'd like to ask since they have confirmed it is broken, why their status page doesn't show a confirmed issue that multiple customers are being affected by?

http://status.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    OffTopic wrote: »
    Wonder how many people don't even realize they have this problem yet, that their galleries only show the first twelve photos. I was just told to use SmugMug style until they figure out the problem. Not an ideal solution for me, I specifically need to use a gallery style that shows the captions beneath each image, not a page of tiny thumbnails with no caption. Nobody wants to click through thumbnails to find their photo.

I don't want to use the smugmug style too. My attention to this was called also when I linked a client to a gallery and they saw only 12 instead of 139 images.
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Thanks for your patience all. This bug was very difficult to track down, as the vast breakage was the result of some third party code (the inability to reproduce the problem 100% of the time didn't help). Infinitely scrolling galleries (such as collage-landscape), should now be fixed and working as intended.

Please let us know if there are any more issues
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    moiraine wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience all. This bug was very difficult to track down, as the vast breakage was the result of some third party code (the inability to reproduce the problem 100% of the time didn't help). Infinitely scrolling galleries (such as collage-landscape), should now be fixed and working as intended.

When was it installed? I ask, because early this morning (maybe 9am ET) I had the problem occur.

Also, when you say "third party code" are you speaking of user customizations (and if so is there anything we should know), or code internal to Smugmug you got elsewhere (and I don't really care)?

In a brief attempt I couldn't make it happen but will ask some at the university where it happened a lot to test.
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    I made my post right after the fix rolled out. 9AM ET I was definitely still sleeping so it would've still been broke =P

By "third party code", I was referring to the buttons in our social buttons content block, and the culprit was the facebook one. Across all the users we received reports of brokenness from, their sites (from what we can tell) have all been fixed. All of them had the facebook like button.

So to answer your question, not user customizations. You'd have to write quite specific css (tailored to the social buttons content block's facebook button, undoing the fix that we shipped) to manage to break your page in the same way it was broken before.

Hope that helps answer your questions!
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Hope that helps answer your questions!

Thank you, yes.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014

Thank you. My site looks fine now.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Thank you it is working for me now too, but I really wish someone had responded directly to my open ticket to let me know it was fixed instead of making me keep checking on the forum for an update.