Options

Only lower case text?

ChuxterChuxter Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited February 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Why do all the text characters in my User Logo [I think that's what SM calls it] show in lower case?

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 10, 2014
    Chuxter, it is quite difficult to help without a link to your site, so please add it to your signature.

I suspect you selected lowercase for your logo; go to customize > customize site > entire site, click on the wrench icon on the logo content block and make sure you select "Text capitalization: Normal".

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Ana, thanks for your reply. Sorry that I did not include a link!

Had there been a "Text Capitalization" option in that menu, I'm sure I would have at least looked to see what the options were. Unfortunately, when I go where you pointed me, there is only Text, Text SIze, Text Font, Line Height, Letter Spacing, and Text Color. There is no way that I can see to undo the seemingly default all-lower-case text!

Here is a link:

http://mavpcapix.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Chuxter wrote: »
    Ana, thanks for your reply. Sorry that I did not include a link!

Had there been a "Text Capitalization" option in that menu, I'm sure I would have at least looked to see what the options were. Unfortunately, when I go where you pointed me, there is only Text, Text SIze, Text Font, Line Height, Letter Spacing, and Text Color. There is no way that I can see to undo the seemingly default all-lower-case text!

Here is a link:

http://mavpcapix.smugmug.com/
    I see it for the logo block
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    It doesn't look like that on MY screen! Here is a screenshot:

LogoText.jpg

Could there be something different between YOUR creation and MY creation that causes this?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 10, 2014
    It doesn't look like that on MY screen! Here is a screenshot:
    Could there be something different between YOUR creation and MY creation that causes this?
    There is an active scroll bar in that widget - I believe you need to scroll to see the entries referenced in the previous post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    You have good eyes. I didn't notice that! I guess there is too much grey of the same weight? I checked and the background is 36,37,41 and the lighter greys are 53,54,58 and 67,70,75. Does this widget take it's colors from the theme of the referenced Page? Why does Allen's widget have a conventional scroll bar and mine has a skinny, dark thingie?
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2014
    Again, why does Allen's widget have a conventional scroll bar and mine has a skinny, dark one? I just watched one of your webinars and the scroll bar was skinny, but bright. What can I do to make my scroll bars more obvious?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Maybe different themes?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Again, why does Allen's widget have a conventional scroll bar and mine has a skinny, dark one? I just watched one of your webinars and the scroll bar was skinny, but bright. What can I do to make my scroll bars more obvious?

I suspect you are using Chrome. When I'm on Chrome my scroll bars look like yours. On Firefox, mine look like Allen's. Scroll bar detail is actually part of the browser, not code sent from web server on the net. This is one of several of places where the Smugmug display looks just slightly different depending on the browser.

Jim Ringland
    (just another user, not SM support)
    jtringl.smugmug.com
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Jim, you are right...I'm using Chrome. Thanks!