Options

Tokina 100mm f/2.8 Macro for Nikon

CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited February 11, 2014 in Nikon Land
SOLD

Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 AF Pro D Macro Autofocus lens for Nikon.
Price: $345.0 includes Paypal fees and USPS shipping to the lower 48 states. Other destinations extra. Also includes a 55mm Hoya UV filter.
Condition: 9+, Like New

This is an FX lens and a very well regarded true macro lens with 1:1 magnification.

I am the original owner. It is a US version, and I bought it in June 2011 from J&R, an authorized Kenko/Tokina dealer. I can provide a copy of my receipt.

We don't take a lot of macro shots. So the lens has not seen much use, and has spent most of the time in a closet in our non-smoking home. So the lens (glass, body, mount) is still in Like New pristine condition, and you will be hard pressed to distinguish it from new.

It comes with everything like new (lens, hood, both original caps, box, and paperwork). And I will throw in a 55mm Hoya UV filter which has been on the lens from day one.

140209_002_ForSale-L.jpg
140209_003_ForSale-L.jpg
140209_001_ForSale-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TriksterTrikster Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    Having used one for a very long time, it is a stellar lens. Free bump for nice glass.
    Kevin Woodard

Manual focus lens and Fuji/Nikon gear junkie
    http://flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Thanks a lot Kevin... Yes, a great piece of glass indeed. The only reason I am selling is because we have now moved to all Nikkor glass, and so I am thinking of taking advantage of the current Nikon lens-only rebates, pay ~$500 extra, and upgrade this one as well to Nikon 105mm f/2.8G. That said, frankly, I am already starting to have second thoughts about this sale, and whether it really is worth paying ~$500 more for the Nikon glass, particularly when we don't take a lot of macro shots.

So if no one takes this in another day or two, I will happily withdraw and save myself ~$500 :-)
  • Options
    TriksterTrikster Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Other than VR, I personally don't see a difference between the two. Perhaps a slightly better coating, but a cheaper feel. Unless you double up this focal lengths with non macro work, this lens is still pretty great. This is one of the "Bokina's" after all.
    Kevin Woodard

Manual focus lens and Fuji/Nikon gear junkie
    http://flickr.com/photos/kevinwoodard/
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Yeah, I guess one other advantage I see for the Nikon 105mm is faster autofocus (not very applicable to macro shots), and its internal focusing mechanism so the lens does not get extended when focusing. Again no big deal though. I think we will mostly use this for macro. We already have other Nikon lenses for portraits.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    Lens is sold. Thanks.

But how do I change the tag/label from FS to SOLD in the thread subject line?
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2014
    Cambyses wrote: »
    Lens is sold. Thanks.

But how do I change the tag/label from FS to SOLD in the thread subject line?

Don't worry... Eirk (MOD) will get to it.