Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    I saw the video. It is beautifully produced.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    Did you watch it all the way through?? It went from beautifully produced to a slideshow of some lovely photos mixed in with some terrible photos that should have been culled out... Literally there were 8 minutes of slideshow. If I paid for video and got sub-par photography slideshows I might be upset as well.

We really don't know what the agreement in the contract was for... but my thoughts are... it could go both ways. My contract definitely protects me against stuff like this.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    Did you watch it all the way through?? It went from beautifully produced to a slideshow of some lovely photos mixed in with some terrible photos that should have been culled out... Literally there were 8 minutes of slideshow. If I paid for video and got sub-par photography slideshows I might be upset as well.

We really don't know what the agreement in the contract was for... but my thoughts are... it could go both ways. My contract definitely protects me against stuff like this.

hmm..ok you caught me..I saw most of it.rolleyes1.gif
    The parts I DID see were beautifully produced.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    The video seems to have been removed from both articles, so I can't watch it.

But the key issue, to me, is whether the videographer met all of his requirements under the contract. If he did, it doesn't matter whether the bride is happy with the result or not, there is no case. If he did not meet the requirements under the contract, then he breached the contract and the bride has a case. Whether $100K is appropriate damage, I couldn't say without reading the contract and seeing which aspects he failed to meet, and by how much he failed.

Merely viewing the video and saying it was beautiful or not is simply not enough information to decide whether this bride has a case. You need to read the contract, too.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"