Options

OOYCZ Tell Me A Story

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins
edited February 14, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am on a trip this week, and these are the photos I took of people which might work - note - I took them before I knew this was the challenge. I have limited internet right now so I am sure I will do better but here are some from yesterday

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

Those two were of my husband

This one is pretty clear what the people are doing.

IMG_1542.JPG

to me anyway. One guy puts the luggage on the conveyor and the second one 'reads' the gag to be sure it is on the right plane.
“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 4, 2014
    Have a safe and fun trip grandmaR! I like the one of your husband sitting in the airport opening a goodie pack? Such a classic pose for my hubby too, only he would be playing suduku on his phone! :D
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2014
    OK here are some more photos of people
    IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_2077.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2579.JPG

IMG_2582.JPG
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    I would really like to get some feedback on these photos. The picture of the guy I took with my camera phone. I took the last photos while waiting for the plane in Miami.
    I also really like the children running around, but I see that it isn't quite sharp. I don't know if that could be thought of as showing movement.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    The one of the kids just looks blurry.
    I rather like the last one.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited February 14, 2014
    Grandma, I only had a minute to glance at these - still digging out from our storm - but looked back at JAG's instructions because I think we are supposed to avoid telling the story behind the picture until after the challenge is over. In JAG's words, "The owner of the image should NOT tell us what the real story is behind the image until after the Final points are given out."

Glad to see you are working on this challenge!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Grandma, I only had a minute to glance at these - still digging out from our storm - but looked back at JAG's instructions because I think we are supposed to avoid telling the story behind the picture until after the challenge is over. In JAG's words, "The owner of the image should NOT tell us what the real story is behind the image until after the Final points are given out."

Glad to see you are working on this challenge!

OK thanks I will take the story out.

We didn't have as much snow as you did I guess and being rural, we have fairly frequent outages so we are relatively speaking prepared. Although in a cold weather outage, we might have to go to a hotel (assuming my husband could dig one of the cars out) because our generator isn't big enough to run the heat and the chimneys are not in good enough shape to have a fire in the Franklin stove. We could cook on the grill outside, and we have city water so we don't need electric for a well pump like we did in RI. When we go away for the winter, Bob drains the pipes first and he could do that again if necessary so we won't have that problem.

We are better off than those people in GA and NC though because they are just not prepared at all (roadwise) for snow.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    The one of the kids just looks blurry.
    I rather like the last one.

Thats what I was afraid of. I have cataracts, so I can't always tell.

I do like the last one too.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    Of the 2nd set, I rather like the one with the gazebo and the one with the 2 ladies in the airport., in addition to the last one.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    Thank you - I was afraid the one with the gazebo was too far away.