Options

Passworded galleries

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
edited February 14, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I just unveiled and EVERY passworded gallery is asking for a password.

This is a total disaster!!!!!!

Even though checking "remember" it does not remember that password for all other galleries with the
same password. This is totally gross and is going to piss off every visitor.

I even added the PW to the top folder but that doesn't work. Everything below is asking for the password.
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I just unveiled and EVERY passworded gallery is asking for a password.

This is a total disaster!!!!!!

Even though checking "remember" it does not remember that password for all other galleries with the
    same password. This is totally gross and is going to piss off every visitor.

I even added the PW to the top folder but that doesn't work. Everything below is asking for the password.
    Just had a browse, I see some that aren't PW-protected - http://www.photosbyat.com/Archery-Old-Photos/Old-Photos-Nineties/1999-Awards/i-PLgGD8m - and some that kick up a 404: http://www.photosbyat.com/Creatures/Butterflies

Welcome to Hades, Allen. Grab a shovel and start stoking.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    beardedgit wrote: »
    Just had a browse, I see some that aren't PW-protected - http://www.photosbyat.com/Archery-Old-Photos/Old-Photos-Nineties/1999-Awards/i-PLgGD8m - and some that kick up a 404: http://www.photosbyat.com/Creatures/Butterflies

Welcome to Hades, Allen. Grab a shovel and start stoking.
    Thanks, only the family galleries are PW protected.

I'm going thru looking for bad links, esp. single pages to append the /n-xxxxxx.

I'd tried one family category (top folder) adding PW and then deleting the PW and setting "inherit" on
    all subs and it looks like that might work. Lots to go.

The All butterflies is a smart gallery, just had to add the
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Creatures/Butterflies/n-QDGvs
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    You must have read my mind, Allen. I'd had the thought of commenting to you a few times, "Unveil Already!" (which was leveled at me often). And then you did. Your site looks awesome. I can tell the amount of thought and work you put into to in terms of New customization. Esp around your keywords, you have a lot of sophistication there. I wouldn't think of the work you are doing now as hades, just, now you can go forward.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    You must have read my mind, Allen. I'd had the thought of commenting to you a few times, "Unveil Already!" (which was leveled at me often). And then you did. Your site looks awesome. I can tell the amount of thought and work you put into to in terms of New customization. Esp around your keywords, you have a lot of sophistication there. I wouldn't think of the work you are doing now as hades, just, now you can go forward.
    Thanks

I have a whole bunch of numbered keywords show up all of a sudden on my keyword page.
    Nerver seen before. Got'a figure those out and delete them.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    I have and always had "Allow SmugMug to automatically extract keywords from your filenames"
    turned off and yet it extracted all the numbered ones from the file name.

What gives Smugmug? How could this possibly happen?
  • Options
    pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I have and always had "Allow SmugMug to automatically extract keywords from your filenames"
    turned off and yet it extracted all the numbered ones from the file nave.

What gives Smugmug? How could this possibly happen?

Let us know if you get an answer directly from SM to this question...it's one of the bugs I've heard other folks comment about with the migration to new smug. It's one of the main reasons (there are a few more) I'm hesitant to unveil.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    Cleaned them up. On the /keyword page click on one keyword to open.
    Click on "From" gallery. I go thru the photos and click on every "From" different gallery and open
    in new tab.
    Then go to each of the tabed galleries > organizer > tools > edit caption/keyword

Make sure you don't have any KW's with numbers you want to keep.

quick entry > remove numeric