Options

drag and drop titles

BummieBummie Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 15, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I use SmugMug for a sculpture site and the titles are much more important than it usually is for just photographs. I've got the site (with a great deal of help from SM) so that the titles are in the right place for some of the photographs but not others. Does anyone know of a way to drag and drop the titles to anyplace on the page?

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    Can you post a link to your site so we can see what "not in the right place" means?
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2014
    I knew I forgot something -- The site is "www.novembersculpture.smugmug.com" So far, I've put in just a few titles. They are in the first few images of the Miscellaneous gallery.
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2014
    Hmm, you are talking about the titles assigned to images, and I see they are in a smugmug-style gallery. Have you tried changing the gallery style? At the top of the page, Customize/Gallery Style, to assign a style.
    Also while in Customize mode, you can click the darker blue wrench in the upper left corner of the main image content block, and adjust settings for most gallery styles. The smugmug gallery style is the least adjustable. You can ask set "info style" to be under the image.
    Different styles have different restrictions. And CSS can be added to make some title behavior change somewhat. (That would have to come from someone who knows CSS.)
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2014
    Also I didn't address part of your question. No, you can't drag and drop the titles that are assigned to the images themselves. They go with the image. You *can* drag and drop "photo blocks". You assign the URL of the photo and add a title there. Or, add a text block to assign a title that way. Or an HTML block. You can position photo blocks and their associated text blocks with some degree of control over location. But going that route would be time consuming as you would need to set up every photo separately.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them and see if they do what I would ideally like. In the meantime I have a message into SM. They suggested something the last time I communicated with them which I tried and now I have some extraneous text in the wrong place on one of the pages that I can't seem to get rid of. I suppose I can delete that image and reload it.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2014
    After finally getting someone at SM to understand what I'm trying to do, he told me that the system is set up so that what I would like to do is impossible. In the meantime, I will try to see if I can find a more satisfactory work around.