Options

Yongnuo 622N Flash Triggers

DoyleBDoyleB Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited February 17, 2014 in Accessories
Hello All -

I just received a pair of Yongnuo 622N flash trancievers (triggers). I shoot with a Nikno D7000 and a Metz 52 - AF1 flash. The Metz works flawlesly on top of my camera's hot shoe, has a lot of power and the TTL functionality is GREAT. I bought the Yongnuo 622N's to save some money (maybe my first mistake). Does anyone have any experience with or know if non-Nikon or non-Yongnuo flashes should work with the Yongnuo 622's?

I can get the flash to fire wirelesly. However, the TTL data from the camera to the flash is not being transmitted...I can tell because all the shots are WAY off with regard to exposure. Also, there is a huge lag time between pushing the shutter all the way down and the flash/shutter actually firing. I could be doing something wrong with regard to camera/flash setttings...any thoughts? I have written to Yongnuo but am less than hopeful. And, the instruction booklet for the Yongnuo 622's is poorly written.

So my questions: Should the 622's work with any flash that supports Nikon's iTTL technology? Is there anyplace where I can get better info on this product (I have looked on youtube)? Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2014
    Sorry, don't have the 622 yet, but have 602 603 and 604. I see your dilemma, the Metz is posted in both the working and not working sections without model #.
    I would guess you would have to wait for Yongnuo reply.

good luck and welcome to the Grin.....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com