Options

Updated Watermark not showing

cmjdaviescmjdavies Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited February 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Didn't the legacy smugmug refresh when you changed your watermark? {EDIT: I mean add a new one and apply it]

I'm sure something has happened when I updated which has made my watermark double in size on my pictures so in lieu of a scale bar (as in Lightroom) to scale the watermark I uploaded a half size one. I deleted the old watermark and applied the new one and left it overnight. Just checked in and no change. Then I looked at some really old galleries and they even had my old watermark still on them.

Then I noticed that in Gallery Settings it says that new watermarks only apply to newly uploaded photos, is this right? It's a real pain in the butt if it is because I have loads of galleries with an old (and really horrible) watermark on them that I'll have to completely republish.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong!

Also, doesn't that mean you only get one shot to place a watermark?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Options
    mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    Legacy SmugMug never updated watermarks. When you apply a watermark to a gallery, it applies it to all the display copies for that gallery.
    Updating the watermark image does not automatically update the watermark in all your galleries.
    You can update your watermark using the watermark tool. If you apply a watermark to a gallery, you can always apply a different watermark or remove it using the watermark tool.
    Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2014
    Not according to this dialog box.... (attached)

Sorry I might not have written correctly. I've created a new watermark and applied it to a few galleries and they haven't updated.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2014
    Watermarks are applied to all "display" sizes of a photo except the original. When a new/different WM is
    applied Smug regenerates all these display sizes.

The WM shown in gallery settings will only apply to new uploaded photos. To change or add a WM to single
    or multiple photos go to the gallery and click "ORGANIZE" at the top. In Organizer after all the thumbs show
    click the wrench on the line above the thumbs then Watermarks in the drop. This is where you add/change
    watermarks.

On the watermark page you can select one, multiple or all to apply/delete a watermark. Even apply a
    different WM to different photos.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2014
    Just the ticket :)

Thanks so much Al. Funny way of doing it but fixed all the same.

Chris
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    How long does it take these images to be regenerated with a watermark I've just applied?

Wait, can you not apply a watermark to pre-uploaded images?

Wait, wait, wait. After reading through the article, I found that you have to go through the old bulk edit part of smugmug and apply them that way. If only it was made a little clearer. We've spent months deleting and reuploading photos. We even contacted Smugmug Heros and they didn't tell us about this.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    No that was my mistake. See the post by Allen above. You need to re apply in the organise part of smugmug not the dialog box I screen shot. It updates them in a matter of minutes

Chris
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    cmjdavies wrote: »
    No that was my mistake. See the post by Allen above. You need to re apply in the organise part of smugmug not the dialog box I screen shot. It updates them in a matter of minutes

Chris

Thanks Yeah. We'd been confused about this since the new Smugmug was unveiled. We can now get stuff done easily now we know what we're doing with watermarks!

It's a shame there isn't some button under that in gallery settings to apply to all photos currently in the gallery! I think that would be a great improvement.