Options

Keyword delimiters missing

steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited February 19, 2014 in SmugMug Support
My keyword list has been OK for a long time but today I noticed that the comma and/or semicolon is missing from many of the keyword descriptions in the "Edit Keyword Captions" tool. Also, a huge number of numerical file names have shown up for some reason. The resulting keyword list was so messed up that I just deleted the content block that I had made and made the page that it was on "private" until I could go back and make things right.

My question is: Did I do something to mess this up? I am not aware of anything that I could have done to cause all the keyword delimiters to disappear.

What (and where to do it) should I do to turn off IMG file numbers so that they are not used as keywords in the future. These file numbers didn't used to be included in the keyword list.

I don't think that there is anything that can be fixed but I want to make sure that I get it right when I go back over the keywords and do them over.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2014
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Thanks, Allen. I hadn't seen that.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2014
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    OK again...
    The keyword list that I have is looking just like it used to look. Thanks SmugMug!

Thanks for your help Allen.
    Your friend on the other side,
    Steve
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 19, 2014
    steveL wrote: »
    The keyword list that I have is looking just like it used to look. Thanks SmugMug!
    When I look at http://steveandbecky.smugmug.com/keyword I see a lot of number-only keywords plus many that look like multiple keywords strung together into one.

I believe that smug is working on something to clean this up, don't know where it sits in the delivery cycle.
    I cleaned up my keywords a couple of weeks ago; I wasn't willing to live with the mess even if it was temporary.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    Thanks Denise.

What is the difference between the link that you gave me and the page that I placed the keyword cloud on to? When I look at the link from the nav bar, I don't see the file numbers but when I looked at the link you provided they were visible. I made that page private yesterday because it just looked really cluttered but when I looked this morning it appeared the way it used to so I made it public again.

BTW, I've really enjoyed playing around with the new SmugMug customization features and I eventually hope to have a blog and SmugMug integration similar to yours. What you have done is very nice and has inspired me to do more.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 19, 2014
    steveL wrote: »
    What is the difference between the link that you gave me and the page that I placed the keyword cloud on to? When I look at the link from the nav bar, I don't see the file numbers but when I looked at the link you provided they were visible. I made that page private yesterday because it just looked really cluttered but when I looked this morning it appeared the way it used to so I made it public again.

BTW, I've really enjoyed playing around with the new SmugMug customization features and I eventually hope to have a blog and SmugMug integration similar to yours. What you have done is very nice and has inspired me to do more.
    Thanks!

The link I gave you is your full keyword list. The keyword cloud defaults to only showing 255 keywords.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    Thanks!

The link I gave you is your full keyword list. The keyword cloud defaults to only showing 255 keywords.

--- Denise
    If you leave the max number blank all your keywords will show in the cloud (list style).
    Not sure what happens whit the rotating globe.