Options

$1.5 Million Dollars!

andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited February 21, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Chicago International Auto Show :

First time ever shooting at an Auto Show. Here is an image of the most expensive car I found :

JS6A4476_DxO-X2.jpg

Apparently this is the 2008 model, so not even a new one! :rofl

The rest of the images are here : Andym's Chicago Auto Show Gallery
A Brit among the HAWKEYES
Canon 5D Mk III
Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
My Galleries

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2014
    I don't shoot indoor shows at all any more....too much weird lighting and reflections....but you did a good job here. It's a shame that the placard blocks the full front view. In the past, I found that there's usually some attendant nearby who will agree to me moving the obstruction briefly to make the shot. If I couldn't find somebody, I'd just move it enough to get my shot and quickly put it back. I never had a problem doing that. In your case, you could have moved the placard enough to get a full shot yet keep it in view for the info on it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2014
    I don't shoot indoor shows at all any more....too much weird lighting and reflections....but you did a good job here. It's a shame that the placard blocks the full front view. In the past, I found that there's usually some attendant nearby who will agree to me moving the obstruction briefly to make the shot. If I couldn't find somebody, I'd just move it enough to get my shot and quickly put it back. I never had a problem doing that. In your case, you could have moved the placard enough to get a full shot yet keep it in view for the info on it.

Tom

Tom

These cars were all behind a barrier, which prevented me getting closer, and unfortunately getting shots from around the sides etc. You are right tho, there was an attendant, but she was very busy taking shots for people on their camera phones. Will keep that in mind for the next time I decide to do an auto show.

Andy
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2014
    Cool car, but not much documentary about the shot itself.