So just a little here:

2014-02-15-23-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2014
    I am feeling some might strong envy right now.

Those are great shots. No. 2 is totally Rust Junkie worthy!

Got to find me a graveyard like that! thumb.gif

Rust Rules

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2014
    Well, by your own admission in the past, Tony, you don't consider yourself a true RUST JUNKIE. You tend to eschew the extreme PP work that distinguishes a real JUNKIE....and that's OK. However, there's a more defining line to me; you most often shoot rusty things, but rarely is rust the main show.

A rust addict would take the subjects you shot, extract some killer abstracts, blast the hell out of them with whatever their favorite PP tonic is, and then revel in the mysteries that rust can divulge. Admittedly, my position is one of a JUNKIE who likes to operate at the lunatic level.

Again, you're certainly right; you don't have to employ a lot of PP work to show rust. At the same time, though, you really leave a lot of meat on the bone.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2014
    First one is Supreme (even though it can use some processing tweaks...but you are processing master so I won't be saying nothing)! Third one is cool! Cheers!
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    First one is Supreme (even though it can use some processing tweaks...but you are processing master so I won't be saying nothing)! Third one is cool! Cheers!

Thanks, but you don't know me. I'm always open to suggestions about post-processing
    my images...and sometimes even agree with them. In fact, I'm always happy to upload
    the original RAW file to Dropbox and let anyone show me what they'd do with it.

Tom is right, though. I rarely post-process in the approved Rust Junky manner. I don't
    look for rust; I look for the object under the rust. In old cars, the rust adds character,
    but the car must have some character to start with. It's like the lines on an old
    person's face that add character to the face. Still, the photograph is of the person.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/