Options

New Website design

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited February 24, 2014 in Mind Your Own Business
Having spent 12 months with Zenfolio, I decided it was time to return to Photium for my website.

I got in touch with Will (their support staff member (along with David)) and informed him I planned to come back.

He gave me a little discount as a returning subscriber. I have to say that the help he gave me in setting up the new site layout was phenomenal, and without him I would have taken ages to complete it.

I am running a new beta style for them - with the main pages full screen on random selections in each of the 5 main galleries, whilst retaining the easy to navigate sales menu pages.

Go have a look, and let me know if it looks good (here or in the guestbook) if you've got time, cos I think they have done a damned good job on their latest design.

LINK HERE

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2014
    Paul,
    I'm not a fan of separate pages for viewing and sales. I click on LANDSCAPES and just get a slide show, I have to click over to another link to see the same photos for sale. As a customer, that concept makes no sense. Also, I don't understand having the Glamor gallery in sales. The notion of buying someone else' glamor photos doesn't make sense.

The fact that you have a glamor gallery suggests you do that type of work but I don't see anything on your site about your services.

I'm also torn about the main page with the text over photo. With some images it works OK but not with others. If I had to cast a vote I would say the text over photo doesn't work well.

The work is all great, but I think those aspects of the website can be distracting to a potential client.
  • Options
    Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2014
    Great feedback & food for thought John, thank you for taking the time.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk