Elements windows to mac

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited February 27, 2014 in Digital Darkroom
I purchased the download of Elements 11 for windows. I no longer have that computer and have switched to a Mac book pro. Adobe is telling me I have to purchase Elements for mac at full price. Does that sound correct? I figured there would be some sort of cost involved but not full price. :dunno

Comments

• duff65duff65 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2014
    When I switched to Mac all to do was buy the upgrade version of Photo Shop.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2014
    PSE is on version 12 now. If you have a user account setup Adobe will verify you have purchased v11, you can do the upgrade to v12 mac version.

In regards to switching to MAC, if you can find a link for PSE 11, download it and use your S/N for PC version as both are accepted. The tricky part is finding ver 11 to download.
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4954818
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 24, 2014
    Adobe is telling me I have to purchase Elements 12 at $79. I think the full price I paid for E11 was $99. I don't want the upgrade. I was happy with E11 and don't want to pay for an upgrade.
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    captain78 wrote: »
    Adobe is telling me I have to purchase Elements 12 at $79. I think the full price I paid for E11 was $99. I don't want the upgrade. I was happy with E11 and don't want to pay for an upgrade.

Unless you can find a link to download E11, you are out of luck unless you can convince Adobe to send a DVD.

Check EBAY for dvd copies of PSE11, you don't need to bother with the s/n since you have one, it's just a matter of finding a link to download or a disc.