Options

Upload help

bipockbipock Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited February 27, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I migrated my site over to the new version yesterday. When I try to upload pictures, I select the folder, but the screen where I select the pictures is blank. I've tried logging in and out several times, even tried a different browser.

What am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    Photos can be only uploaded to galleries not folders. You have to go into a gallery.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    I am aware of that, mischosen words. When I select the gallery, and get taken to the popup where you select the images, that screen is blank until until the "Trouble Uploding? Get Help." link comes up. There's no where for me to select images.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    bipock wrote: »
    I am aware of that, mischosen words. When I select the gallery, and get taken to the popup where you select the images, that screen is blank until until the "Trouble Uploding? Get Help." link comes up. There's no where for me to select images.
    Is there a "browse" pick that will open something like Windows Explorer (old file manager)?

Normally you'd drag photos from something like Windows Explorer into the upload window.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1386737
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    Is there a "browse" pick that will open something like Windows Explorer (old file manager)?

Normally you'd drag photos from something like Windows Explorer into the upload window.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1386737

That's the screen I am getting but I'm not getting the line above the "help section". I tried dragging but that didn't work.
  • Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2014
    Hello,

I was able to take a peek at your site. Please take a look at the custom CSS coding that you have added to your site.

It appear that this may be the cause of your upload box display issues. You can remove the code all together to see if it returns to working, then add one change back at a time to track down the code causing the issue.

Thanks -Scott
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2014
    Thanks Scott. I'll have the person who did you coding look at it and see what she says. Anything in particular I should have her look at?