Options

The Ability to Copy Design Blocks in the Organizer

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
It would be a really useful feature, especially for those thinking about creating lots of "blog" pages, if we could copy the settings of any design block. If there was a way to access a "quick settings for blocks" feature we could speed up page production.

For example: Say I want to create a series of pages with lots of text, and whatnot, similar to my Wedding Services page. When I layout pages I use a basic design trick of using Lorem Ipsum in an HTML block. I have a text file on my computer that has a variety of elements I may use in an article I write. On it I have the dummy text, a hyper link, a formatted title, and a bullet point, as well as the CSS needed to create said point.

I place these on layouts to see how I want photos to display. If I had access to a "quick setting tool" for design blocks I could just place a block, choose the setting and be done. Currently I have to copy paste, configure, etc. one at time. (Like I do with pages! YOINKS)

Quick settings for all design blocks would really speed things up.

Comments

• Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2014
    I was creating a page the other day with two HTML blocks that had the same elements in both the HTML, and CSS tabs. It would be so much faster if I could just apply a "quick" setting of sorts that already contained those elements, or even had a "copy block" command. Or if I could save how I display other content blocks.

Say I use single photo display blocks, where the aspect ratio is always 3:1, and opens the lightbox on click. Each time I place a new block on a page I also have to adjust these setting manually. If I had a "custom quick settings" command to apply to each block it'd speed things up a bit, and I'd be more inclined to produce more pages.