Options

Odd Breadcrumb text on Home page - Chrome only

samsteridsamsterid Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
edited March 5, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have a Legacy SmugMug Pro site with a custom domain:
http://www.invisionworkshop.com/

On the Home page and only in Chrome, this text shows up above the title "Galleries":

A pipe symbol in faint gray then "This is my" and then off to the right in faint gray "family"
Here is the source code from the Chrome browser:

<div id="breadCrumbTrail">
<span id="userName" class="title">Sam
<span class="title possess">'s</span>
</span>
<span id="userHome" class="title">Home</span> <span class="note"> | <span class="title">This is my:</span> family</span>
</div> <!-- #breadCrumbTrail -->

Both the pipe to the left of "This is my" and the "family" are not inside the span tag.
Since the class for the mystery text is "note", I have scoured all my customizations, Profile, About page, gallery notes, etc.

I can't find the mystery phrase anywhere, although it's plausible I may have had "This is my family" in some field at some point.

So why does the breadcrumb trail show up on the Home page? And why only in Chrome?
I hope someone here might know the purpose of the "note" Class in the middle of a breadcrumb trail; then maybe I could track it down.
I am not a coder, but I have a lot of custom CSS in my theme and Advanced settings page.
Plus some javascript that removes my name from the head of Breadcrumb, and replaces it with "Home"

Thanks for reading - wish there was a tl;dr :(:

Sam

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2014
    Hi Sam,

I apologize that's happening.

I'm unable to replicated that in Chrome here. Please try disabling any add-ons/extensions you have in Chrome.

If the issue persists, please write us at the helpdesk (link below) and we can look in to this further with you.

Best Regards,
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    samsteridsamsterid Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2014
    Thanks Tristan - in Chrome I disabled the only two extensions I had, which made no difference.

BUT clearing ALL history items back to "the beginning of time" did the trick.

Weird . . .