Options

New Lightroom Plugin Can Delete Quick Settings

JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
edited March 6, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I just installed version 2.0.9.0 of the Lightroom plugin and was delighted to find (and use!) its new facility for deleting old quick settings. Many, many thanks.

Jim Ringland
jtringl.smugmug.com
Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    As in the Quick Settings for Galleries like on the web organiser?

If so, I'm reinstalling Lightroom as we speak!
  • Options
    DanCarl97DanCarl97 Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    YES! It works! And you can edit them. Thanks so much for pointing this out.

It shows you how much we wanted this feature to install an entire program to get it!

Now Smugmug, it can't be long before this feature is implemented into the website too, right?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    DanCarl97 wrote: »
    Now Smugmug, it can't be long before this feature is implemented into the website too, right?
    I suspect that they and most Pros probably all use Lightroom so could care less about those that don't have it.

Sometimes ya got to kick the cat :D
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 19, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I suspect that they and most Pros probably all use Lightroom so could care less about those that don't have it.

I use Lightroom but I don't use the plugin.

I need to be able to delete old quick settings from the smug UI, NOT FROM A PLUGIN!

--- Denise
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014

Well I don't use lightroom, but I can download a free trial... where do I get the plug in?
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 19, 2014
    Well I don't use lightroom, but I can download a free trial... where do I get the plug in?

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321-lightroom-plugin-update
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    Jtring wrote: »
    I just installed version 2.0.9.0 of the Lightroom plugin and was delighted to find (and use!) its new facility for deleting old quick settings. Many, many thanks.

Jim Ringland
    jtringl.smugmug.com

Glad you like it Jim. it's something I've wanted to add to the plugin for some time, but developing new UI things for Lightroom plugins is frustratingly annoying

Allen, this isn't true. Different developers work on different things....when I found out that it was no longer possible to remove an old quick setting from New SmugMug. I decided to implement features that I had always intended to.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    I use Lightroom but I don't use the plugin.

I need to be able to delete old quick settings from the smug UI, NOT FROM A PLUGIN!

--- Denise

wow...really ?

I love doing most things on SmugMug without LR
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    devbobo wrote: »
    wow...really ?

I followed the instructions and have it installed in the trial version of lightroom. Now I'm stuck... the plug in built the heirarchy and wants me to import... is that the next step?
    Then, how do I edit those quick settings?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    I followed the instructions and have it installed in the trial version of lightroom. Now I'm stuck... the plug in built the heirarchy and wants me to import... is that the next step?
    Then, how do I edit those quick settings?
    Thanks.

Right-click the SmugMug Publish Service instance and select "Edit Settings..."
    Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png

On the Publish Manager dialog under SmugMug Settings, click the "Quick Settings" button...
    Lightroom-Publishing-Manager-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png

Select the QuickSetting you want to remove and then click the Minus button...
    Quick-Settings-and-Lightroom-Publishing-Manager-and-Lightroom-5-Catalog.lrcat---Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom---Library.png

or to edit, click the ".."
    Quick-Settings-and-Lightroom-Publishing-Manager.png
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    So no need to import correct? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    So no need to import correct? Thanks!

if you only want to use it to edit/delete some quicksettings, no
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    if you only want to use it to edit/delete some quicksettings, no

I think I found a bug (at least it's not working for me, repeatably). If I select a watermark in a new quicksetting, it fails to create. Unfortunately I think there's also a bug with the delete functionality. It deleted the wrong one twice (not the highlighted one), including the quick setting I always use. And now I can't create it... at least in the plugin.

Lightroom 4.0.

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    pilotdave wrote: »
    I think I found a bug (at least it's not working for me, repeatably). If I select a watermark in a new quicksetting, it fails to create. Unfortunately I think there's also a bug with the delete functionality. It deleted the wrong one twice (not the highlighted one), including the quick setting I always use. And now I can't create it... at least in the plugin.

Lightroom 4.0.

Dave

Hey Dave,

urgh, sorry about that. I've reproduced the watermark issue, it's appears to be an API issue (which we're looking at).

I haven't been able to reproduce the delete issue...but I'll keep trying.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,245 moderator
    edited February 19, 2014
    wow...really ?

Really...

But thanks! I installed the plugin and was able to remove my old quicksettings, leaving the one that I want plus one that shows as "smugmug def...". I don't suppose there is any way to remove that, is there?

Thanks again.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    Really...

But thanks! I installed the plugin and was able to remove my old quicksettings, leaving the one that I want plus one that shows as "smugmug def...". I don't suppose there is any way to remove that, is there?

Thanks again.

--- Denise

The SmugMug Default aren't really a QuickSetting in their own right, the plugin adds that item automatically.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2014
    pilotdave,

The fix for the watermark issue is live.

Please let me know if you can create the quicksetting now.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2014
    pilotdave,

Thanks,

David

Looks good! Thanks for the quick fix. No idea what happened with the incorrect deletes. If it happened once, I'd think it was just me. But it was twice in a row when I was sure I was clicking on the test quicksetting i had just created. Still might have just been me being stupid. If not, you'll hear about it from others soon enough! But no big deal to me. It was such a pleasure to delete old quicksettings I stopped using or never used!

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2014
    pilotdave,

Thanks,

David

Thanks again. I only downloaded the trial version of lightroom, but I got the plugin working and "fixed" my quick setting thanks to you.bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2014
    Thanks again. I only downloaded the trial version of lightroom, but I got the plugin working and "fixed" my quick setting thanks to you.bowdown.gif

glad you got it sorted brando thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    I haven't tried the new version yet, but i just want to throw feedback into here. I used to have JF's pluging, but switched after the new version broke it. Early days were rough, but for some months now I've used nothing but it to maintain gallerys for sports.

I put them up quickly, and then continually, steadily over a period of a couple hours am doing a "publish" as I edit, fix metadata, etc. This lets me get a few shots up quickly for media that need them, and correct as I go, without once having to keep track of what I'm changing - I just hit the button and magic happens. It's fast, it fits fully into the workflow I have with Lightroom, and for some months now it just plain works.

Thank you. Keep it going.
  • Options
    ChopBamChopBam Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 5, 2014
    Hello, I'm having trouble with the plugin.

It's not letting me save changes or access my quick settings, as it says it's "waiting for SmugMug" and is "configured incorrectly." However, I went through the process and through the account I have given Lightroom full access to SmugMug (a couple times now). Not sure why it's not letting me access my quick settings.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2014
    ChopBam wrote: »
    Hello, I'm having trouble with the plugin.

It's not letting me save changes or access my quick settings, as it says it's "waiting for SmugMug" and is "configured incorrectly." However, I went through the process and through the account I have given Lightroom full access to SmugMug (a couple times now). Not sure why it's not letting me access my quick settings.

What OS and LR versions are you using ?

Please try this version and see if it resolves your issue.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    ChopBamChopBam Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2014
    Thanks for your prompt reply! I am using Lightroom 5.3 on Windows 7 64-bit. This problem seems to occur on the PC at work, but upon trying the plugin at home (using the same LR and OS versions), it seems to work there. Strange!

I am now using this version that you recommended, and it seems to authorize at work OK, although the Quick Settings still aren't showing up. I only see "Default." It isn't a huge problem if this isn't resolved, since I can manage the SmugMug presets OK at home.