Options

OOYCZ Challenge #4 Instructions: Silhouettes

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 8, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is the Instructions thread for OOYCZ Challenge #4.

You have from March 7, 2014 till March 22 , 2014 to shoot before I put up the entry thread. Then you will have 3 more days before entries will be closed.

I will be revamping the challenge guide this weekend as I work out a few kinks. This portion of the challenge will remain the same. As for how we deal with final entries. I am looking into maybe putting them either in a gallery or we continue to have an Entry thread. I will keep you updated on this thread, as soon as I have it worked out.

The finals for voting, will be done with a poll (hopefully) open to the whole Dgrin community. If the poll thing happens, then we will not have points, but everyone will see their standings on the votes with the general population voting for their 3 favorite photos. Again, I will let you know on this thread, as soon as I have it worked out.

As for critiquing on final images. That will be open to any Dgrin member as long as they read the guidelines for proper critiquing etiquette (the link can be found in the OOYCZ Guide, please read before entering )

Please note that you have 2 weeks to shoot for this challenge, but that should give everyone plenty of time.

The theme this time around is "Silhouettes". Use your imagination on this one and get creative! It can be inside or outside. My examples are just what I had in my archives.

Examples:

1. In my back yard. Full daylight on snowy day. Shutter speed 5000 on 200 iso.
JMMed5789c-L.jpg

2. Malaga, Spain. Sunny day with background in perfect exposure.
JMMed1475-L.jpg

3. Key Largo, Florida.
JMMed0454-L.jpg

4. Mt. Redoubt (volcano), Alaska. The wind was blowing up to 40 mph gust where I was standing, but up on the volcano it was much worse I am sure.
JMMed0698-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2014
    Yay! Let's get on board, folks! BRING IT!!!!!

:)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited March 8, 2014
    Sounds like a fun challenge! Thanks, Joyce!