Options

Sub Category (Legacy) vs Folders (New Smugmug)

huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited March 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
In the old smugmug we had categories and sub categories.
Now they seem to be labeled as folders.

Now when I use Send To Smugmug, I cannot create new albums in those folders because those folders do not show up anymore? When I check the old smugmug, I see those new albums not in the subcategory ("folder") but as a gallery under the main category.

I use

Site/Category/Sub Category/Gallery
Site/Archive/2014/Wedding, Picnic, Finals, etc.. (albums)

This looks fine in the new one but when I go to Send To Smugmug or the old Legacy Smugmug all those albums are in Site/Archive/Wedding, Picnic, etc..

How do I fix this?
I need send to smugmug to see all my new "folders"
My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr

Comments

• Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2014
    Hi Huseyin,

Send to SmugMug is a third party uploader, so the person you need to check with is Omar. This page here has his contact information: http://www.shahine.com/garage/software/send-to-smugmug/

If you have the most current version, you should be able to upload to existing galleries, but I'm not sure about the ability to create new ones, especially while your site is in transition. Your new galleries are placed in a category on your legacy site called SmugPreview, until you're move is completed. You can move them where you want them, but the hierarchy is different, and much deeper on new SmugMug, so you can see where there could be conflicts.

I hope this helps!
    Lindy
    Support Hero
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2014
    Thanks Lindy
    But I am not just referring to send to smugmug.
    The problem is the "sub categories" I create in new smugmug does not reflect on legacy.
    I can migrate to new if you think this will be fixed. These inconsistencies are the only reason I haven't migrated/chose the new smugmug and keep the old one on the side.
    My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2014
    huseyin wrote: »
    The problem is the "sub categories" I create in new smugmug does not reflect on legacy.

As far as i remember folders or galleries created while working on new Smug are not available on your legacy site. This should be normal. Once you unveil only the new smug will be there and thus all of your new folders and galleries.