Options

Stupid Question, Having problems using watermark.

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited March 12, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I am having problems trying to get my watermark image to work on smugmug. I have two of them. One black and one white. In LR i use a PNG file and it works perfect, but when i load that PNG file in smugmug, it turns my nice outlined image that has my name and an outline of a camera to a square block image and it looks horrible and you can't see nothing. Its just a big white box. If that makes sense.......

How do i make my watermark work in smugmug like it works in LR??

Comments

• Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    It sounds like you uploaded a JPG or GIF image as the watermark, or else the PNG you are using is not set to have a transparent background. Without a link to the watermark image itself, it's hard to tell you more, but as long as you are uploading a PNG image that is set with a transparent background layer, and you make that into a watermark, that would get the watermark to "float" on top of the image, instead of appearing inside of a box.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    rnrjosh wrote: »
    It sounds like you uploaded a JPG or GIF image as the watermark, or else the PNG you are using is not set to have a transparent background. Without a link to the watermark image itself, it's hard to tell you more, but as long as you are uploading a PNG image that is set with a transparent background layer, and you make that into a watermark, that would get the watermark to "float" on top of the image, instead of appearing inside of a box.

I am wondering this?????? What I did was drag my PNG file in LR and put it in the smug mug plug in. I am thinking that if I just upload it instead of using LR, if it will work. Will try that when I get home.
    Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    You are actually making the watermark, are you? Once uploaded, you need to navigate to it, select the tool icon and select use as/watermark.

Once created, you can manage it (transparency, etc) via accounts settings/business/watermarks

If you are using the plugin to upload, make sure that your settings are to upload a png (I don't think that the plugin will upload a png, but I am not in front of my machine to check right now). If not, upload manually and then create the watermark.
  • Options
    rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2014
    Try uploading the watermark image via the browser uploader, instead of via the LR plugin. The LR plugin is set by default to convert to JPG, so that is likely what happened. Or, you could change the file type setting in the LR plugin to Original, and then upload via the plugin that way, but you'd want to remember to change that setting back to JPG after uploading.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero