Lorrie & Victor

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited April 1, 2014 in Weddings
Hey kids, it's been a while (like... a couple of years). Nice to see that there are still some familiar folks around.

Since I've been away, I've moved to full-time with photography. Last year was the first year full-time, and while not exactly a piece of cake, I did survive. Here's to some serious growth in 2014!

Just thought I'd post a few from a wedding in January here in FLA. We have a graffiti wall in town and the couple decided to do a little section of it, which was really great. Feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

20140104_L%2BV_012-XL.jpg

20140104_LV%20Show%20Samples_001-XL.jpg

20140104_LV%20Show%20Samples_002-XL.jpg

20140104_L%2BV_109-XL.jpg

20140104_LV%20Show%20Samples_003-L.jpg

20140104_LV%20Sneak_007-XL.jpg

20140104_LV%20Show%20Samples_004-XL.jpg

<3
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    I love the set! I looked at the first image and then the second image, and wondered why you didn't make the 1st image B&W as well. I dunno I guess I just personally don't really care for that particular hue of man-made light, I mean you processed the colors well but it's still just not a very creatively inspired type of lighting. But I imagine in B&W that those tones could be transformed into something very dramatic...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    Not crazy over #1 or #6, but the others are first rate!!

Sam
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2014
    Like them all, except for number 6.

Like the composition, especially 2 and 3.

Is #1 more from the ladies point of view?

I wonder how you did #7. What were the settings? Lighting?

Thanks for showing them.
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2014
    Like them all, except for number 6.

Like the composition, especially 2 and 3.

Is #1 more from the ladies point of view?

I wonder how you did #7. What were the settings? Lighting?

Thanks for showing them.

Yeah I think the angle on #6 could have been better. The moulding in the background kinda takes away from the uniqueness of the overall subject matter.

#7 looks to me to be a seriously long shutter drag with a wireless flash blast from off-camera. Looks to be at least a second or two on the shutter speed.

=Matt=
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2014

#7 looks to me to be a seriously long shutter drag with a wireless flash blast from off-camera. Looks to be at least a second or two on the shutter speed.

Matt for the win! That was exactly it.

I see what you mean about #6 - duly noted. :) The couple actually made them themselves, so I thought it was a really neat touch for the day. I do have a couple other angles as well in the final set that I delivered to the client.

I remembered that I did try #1 as a BW, but I had a hard time arriving at a conversion that I liked because of the tones of the stylist and the bride against the wall - there was not a ton of tonal difference, so they didn't really stand out in a way that I was satisfied with without spending heaps of time on it :)

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys!
    Webpage

edited February 26, 2014
    Kinkajou wrote: »

I remembered that I did try #1 as a BW, but I had a hard time arriving at a conversion that I liked because of the tones of the stylist and the bride against the wall - there was not a ton of tonal difference, so they didn't really stand out in a way that I was satisfied with without spending heaps of time on it :)

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys!

Crank the contrast to high-heaven, re-adjust the exposure until skin tones are preserved, and see how it looks. That's my recipe anyway!

=Matt=
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    Crank the contrast to high-heaven, re-adjust the exposure until skin tones are preserved, and see how it looks. That's my recipe anyway!

=Matt=

Awesome, thank you! I'll give it a try :)
    Webpage

• MarcoGMarcoG Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2014
    very beautiful, congratulations
  • lightcatcher2014lightcatcher2014 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Lovely pictures. Wish you luck with your full-time photography business.

#7 is getting very popular the last few years. I have been using second curtain sync and long shutter speed for these. During the shutter activation, just drag the camera to create the lights trails and when the flash fires at the second curtain sync, the groom and bride are frozen when the flash fires. So you have light trails and overlay of the groom and bride in focus on top of it.

Cheers,
    --
    Trifon Anguelov
    Portrait and Wedding Photographer, Mountain View, CA

http://www.weddingphotographyblogger.com
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2014
    nice set