Options

Watermarks????

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited March 16, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I put watermarks on all of my photos that are on my website, but when someone buys them, i don't want the watermark on the print. I thought that watermark was a way to protect your prints from theft, and print marks are when they are on the prints when printed.

So my question, if someone buys a print or i buy a print, how do i make it so that the watermark is not on the print?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited March 16, 2014
    If you applied the watermark in smug (to galleries in your portfolio or business account) the watermark is not applied to the original - so it will not be shown on prints.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos-:
    No worries, watermarks will not appear on prints ordered through SmugMug.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2014
    That is what i have done. But when you go to buy a photo and play around with the crop, the watermark is still there. That is why i was wondering??
  • Options
    EntropicTendenciesEntropicTendencies Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2014
    Prints are made from your original images, so if the original contains an embedded watermark that will be present on the print.

The online watermarking (which is a feature of the Business and Portfolio accounts) only watermarks the display copies (not originals) allowing us to use the original for prints and digital download sales.

If you are using a Power account (I believe you are) then you don't have the option of the online watermarks, so your prints will be printed from your images as you upload them and they are seen on screen.

Barrie
    Smugmug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2014
    Prints are made from your original images, so if the original contains an embedded watermark that will be present on the print.

The online watermarking (which is a feature of the Business and Portfolio accounts) only watermarks the display copies (not originals) allowing us to use the original for prints and digital download sales.

If you are using a Power account (I believe you are) then you don't have the option of the online watermarks, so your prints will be printed from your images as you upload them and they are seen on screen.

Barrie
    Smugmug Support Hero

No i have a Portfolio account and none of my originals have watermarks on them. All done in Smugmug.
    I will play around with it.