mini challenge #183 winners

jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
edited March 18, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sorry for the delay but last night dgrin logged me in then I try to post the winners and it would come back back you are not logged in :dunno Then the post went away had to do it over .
Thank you all for the participation :thumb I was away so had help on picking the winner but out of 4 votes I had 4 winners. Only one shot was picked by all 4 but it was in 3rd place each time Davev's moose

So again sorry but after last nights fight to post this is the best I can do I am late as is !

Cavalier and grandmar sleeping pets very nice,and the pigs :thumb

top ten
Tony goose and swan well almost a goose great timing
i-7xKkDMR-L-M.jpg

Alansgrin I think it is a coppers but ?? D__ good shot

IMG_5944-XL-M.jpg

puzzlepaul I really like this shot ,not the first time I have seen it , I love getting that shot when it shows you the FEELING :clap

_X1C0042_720_zpsb8a62f9a-M.jpg

shwnc all 3 very nice your redtail hawk and gound hog with mole teeth or what ever it really is

_MG_3207-XL-M.jpg

Sudter vulture :wink and the burrowing owl

D13_9726-Edit-XL-M.jpg

davev --welcome back hope all is well now your moose :clap

IMG_9191%2520moose%2520smiling-XL-XL.jpg

Tony the black bird

i-8jwXFZQ-L-L.jpg

#3 shooting star sawnose shark I really like the look and not easy shooting thru water :ivar

IMG_6149-L-L.jpg

#2 Bill your cat shot :huh well done great capture this was a very hard call for 1 and 2

starscatchingsnowball_zpsd6a1dedd-L.jpg

#1 Earache [and this is what I got in the final debate] your groundhog [not sure but do not have the right id I think] Caption with capture made the final pick

Was%2520up%2520Mon-XL-L.jpg

Again sorry for the delay never share the vote :rofl
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2014
    Thanks Jeff!
    I really like your (committee) top picks - especially Dave's moose!
    So many cute, funny, and sassy critters submitted by all - fun round everyone!
    My guy is a Meerkat, a member of the Mongoose family...
    they are real characters and hang-out in groups that will make you smile every-time.

I'm on the go today, and will have time later tomorrow to post a new Mini... have a pleasant Sunday folks!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2014
    Well, I told Stars about your decision, and his swelled head now demands tuna and Play Paper Towel (his favorite toy) or String (2nd fav) when he deems it to be the right time. You've created a monster I must live with; thanks, pal.

Stars, who is not gifted with the best social graces, also has a comment-

starstongue_zps470ad15d.jpg

But, really, I do admire the way the savvy way you announced. I believe you would be a good manager.

But if you find offense in Star's opinion, The Bunny apologizes...
    apologeticbunny_zps5835bcc7.jpg

My favorite in the thread is the moose.
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2014
    SO STAR is sticking his tongue out at me for my voting skills eek7.gif really
    well I my deserve it :cry tell star a roll of towels is in the mail
    Jeff W

• marionetmarionet Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2014
    Alas, Jeff, Stars is sometimes a bit ill-mannered. But, in his favor, when admonished, he shows contrition.
    stars_zps81c8b937.jpg

Baerlein (who has gone to the Catnip Patch in the Sky) did not approve of Stars, and Stars was smart enough to stay clear of him.
    yelloweyes_zpse7f90dfa.jpg

But Stars does have a good sense of humor (and a pretty big ego...), so he would enjoy your mispelling of his name. Hm, actually, he would agree with your version, as he definitely seems convinced that he truly is The Star. Someone dumped the little dude, and he lived in the yard of my across-the-road neighbor for about 6 weeks until he decided to adopt me. He didn't have a name for 3 months - I called him "cat" - and then, one crystal clear night filled with stars - the Milky Way was stunning - I was sitting on the back porch... and he jumped into my lap, looked straight up for what seemed like 15 seconds, then looked directly at me and said, "Mrow!" So, his name is Stars. But sometimes I call him Creep because sometimes he makes me crazy. (If you have cats, you know how that goes...)
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2014
    Man, 4 people put my shot in third place, and you drop it down even more. You're killing me. :D

Fun Mini Jeff, Congrat's to the winners.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2014
    davev wrote: »
    Man, 4 people put my shot in third place, and you drop it down even more. You're killing me. :D

Fun Mini Jeff, Congrat's to the winners.

Now you know it was just out of spite , you have not bin playing and raising the level of competition so I was mad at you ---so there eek7.gif
    The reason I made the comment ,(and it was true] yours was the only shot that was picked by the group , a compliment and well deserved .The position of the shots at the end was my frustration ! The top 3 was a final pick after much talk,but the Friday night dgrin lock out was more than just frustrating ,I was mad as _______ After the delete of all my work . The truth is I just put the finals up with out the commenting I did and would have done Just to get it posted . The top 10, five would have bin an easy #1 and the other 5 in second place . IF I ever win again I will never share the vote rolleyes1.gifget an opinion --yes :D
    Jeff W